Muurame is a municipality of Finland, located 16 kilometres (10 mi) south-west of Jyväskylä. Muurame itself is located between two lakes, Lake Päijänne and Lake Muuratjärvi. These two lakes are connected to each other via River Muurame. All together there are 37 lakes in Muurame. Biggest lakes beside Päijänne are Muuratjärvi and Lake Kuusjärvi. River Muurame streams through the population center of Muurame. Muurame was founded in 1921.
Muurame Church, designed by Alvar Aalto
Coat of arms
Location of Muurame in Finland
|Coordinates: 62°08′N 025°40.5′E|
|• Municipal manager||Ari Ranta-aho|
|• Total||194.05 km2 (74.92 sq mi)|
|• Land||144.06 km2 (55.62 sq mi)|
|• Water||49.99 km2 (19.30 sq mi)|
|Area rank||280th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||104th largest in Finland|
|• Density||70.6/km2 (183/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.9% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||23.4%|
|• 15 to 64||65%|
|• 65 or older||11.6%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.5%|
Church of Muurame is of Alvar Aalto's design.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Muurame". Järviwiki. Finland's Environmental Administration. 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- "Välissuhted" (in Estonian). Alatskivi vald. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "Muurame Info" (in Finnish). Municipality of Muurame. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- Municipality of Muurame – Official website (in Finnish)