Museum für Kommunikation Frankfurt
The Museum für Kommunikation is a communication museum in Frankfurt, Germany. It opened on 31 January 1958 under the name Bundespostmuseum (National Postal Museum) and is the oldest museum on Frankfurt's Museumsufer (Museum Riverbank).
The museum was owned by Deutsche Bundespost until 1994. The present building, a modern and transparent glass structure, opened in 1990 and was designed by architect Günter Behnisch. Following the opening of the new building, the museum acquired its present name.
The main exhibition of the museum is located on the underground level. It features a comprehensive history of the development and spread of various methods of communication throughout human history, including mail, telegraph, telephone, radio, television and computer, as well as objects relating to these mediums.
An information center and the museum shop and café are located on the ground level. The first floor features a children's exhibition area, while temporary exhibits are found on the second floor.
- "Museum for Communication Frankfurt". Grand Tour of Modernism. 2019. Retrieved 13 August 2019.