Musadik Masood Malik is a Pakistani politician who has been a Member of the Senate of Pakistan, since March 2018. He served as the Federal Minister of Water and Power in Khoso caretaker ministry in 2013.
Musadik Masood Malik
|Member of the Senate of Pakistan|
|Assumed office |
12 March 2018
|Political party||Pakistan Muslim League (N)|
Malik graduated in Pharmacy from the University of the Punjab. He did Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Science in Healthcare Administration and Policy from the University of Illinois.
Malik was inducted into the federal cabinet of caretaker Prime Minister Mir Hazar Khan Khoso on 3 April 2013 and was appointed as Federal Minister for Water and Power where he served until 4 June 2013.
In November 2014, Malik was appointed as spokesperson for Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
In August 2017, he was appointed as Special Assistant to Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi on Media Affairs.
He was nominated by Pakistan Muslim League (N) (PML-N) as its candidate in 2018 Pakistani Senate election. However the Election Commission of Pakistan declared all PML-N candidates for the Senate election as independent after a ruling of the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
Malik was elected to the Senate of Pakistan as an independent candidate on general seat from Punjab in Senate election. He was backed in the election by PML-N and joined the treasury benches, led by PML-N after getting elected. He took oath as Senator on 12 March 2018.
- Ghumman, Khawar (21 November 2014). "Parliament Watch: Nawaz Sharif's new spokesperson a man of many talents". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- Ghumman, Khawar (4 April 2013). "Portfolios allotted: Surprise addition likely in caretaker cabinet". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- "Federal care-taker cabinet 2013". Cabinet Division. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- "Portfolios allocated to PM's advisers, special assistants". DAWN.COM. 18 August 2017. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- "Ishaq Dar, PM's sister named PML-N candidates for Senate elections - Pakistan - Dunya News". Dunya News. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- "PML-N's Senate nominees to contest election as independent candidates, says ECP". DAWN.COM. 22 February 2018. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- "LIVE: PML-N-backed independent candidates lead in Punjab, PPP in Sindh - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 3 March 2018. Retrieved 3 March 2018.
- Khan, Iftikhar A. (4 March 2018). "PML-N gains Senate control amid surprise PPP showing". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- "PML-N bags 11 Senate seats from Punjab". www.pakistantoday.com.pk. 3 March 2018. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- Guramani, Nadir (22 March 2018). "15 independent senators backed by PML-N in Senate polls join treasury". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- "Senate elect opposition-backed Sanjrani chairman and Mandviwala his deputy". The News. 12 March 2018. Archived from the original on 12 March 2018. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
- "Notification April 2018" (PDF). Cabinet division. Retrieved 30 April 2018.