Musée Cantonal de Zoologie
The museums history dates from 1779, when the "objects" of natural history in the Académie de Lausanne were indexed by Daniel-Alexandre Chavannes.
In 1826, Chavannes vertebrate collection was purchased by L'Etat de Vaud. The museum opened in the Académie de Lausanne in 1833. In 1886, the museum acquired 1,300 specimens bird specimens from Albert Vouga (1829–1896), the author of Album Neuchâtelois. Vues historiques et pittoresques a book of landscape and natural history photography.
The museum moved to its present location Palais de Rumine in 1906.
Notes and references
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Musée cantonal de zoologie (Lausanne).|