Municipalities of East Timor
East Timor is divided into 13 municipalities (former districts), one of which is also a Special Administrative Region. The municipalities are divided into administrative posts (former subdistricts), and further subdivided into sucos.
|Municipality||Capital||Largest City||Area (km2)||Households||Population (2004 Census)||Population (2010 census)||Population (2015 census)||Population density (2004)|
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
The borders between Cova Lima and Ainaro and between Baucau and Viqueque were changed in 2003.
- List of municipalities of East Timor by Human Development Index
- Administrative posts of East Timor
- Sucos of East Timor
- Administrative divisions of Portuguese Timor
- ISO 3166-2:TL
- Jornal da República: Diploma Ministerial no. 24/2014 de 24 de Julho, Orgânica dos Postos Administrativos
- Data from 2004 census and official 2008 estimates from the Direcção Nacional de Estatística, Timor-Leste: District Priority Tables Archived 2007-09-29 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on 28 January 2008