Mrs. Butterworth's is an American brand of syrups and pancake mixes owned by ConAgra Foods. The syrups come in distinctive bottles shaped in the form of a matronly woman, Mrs. Butterworth. The syrup was introduced in 1961. In 1999, the original glass bottles began appearing as plastic bottles.
|Product type||Syrup and baking mixes|
|Previous owners||Mrs. Butterworth's|
One of the main voice actresses for it included Mary Kay Bergman.
In 2007, Mrs. Butterworth was used in a series of ads for GEICO, in which she helped an actual customer with her testimonial.
In 2009, then-parent company Pinnacle Foods held a "first name contest" for the product, the winning name being "Joy".
- "Our History". Pinnacle Foods. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- "Plastic pleases Mrs. Butterworth's". Packaging World. 1999-08-31. Retrieved 2019-12-16.
- CNN obituary for Mary Kay Bergman
- Geico Mrs. Butterworth, retrieved 2019-12-16
- "Mrs. Butterworth Has a First Name, It's . ." Food Channel. 2009-10-03. Retrieved 2019-12-16.
- "Mrs. Butterworth's first name is . ." Los Angeles Times. 2009-05-09. Retrieved 2019-12-16.