Mountains on Fire
Mountains on Fire (German: Berge in Flammen) is a 1931 German war film directed by Karl Hartl and Luis Trenker and starring Trenker, Lissy Arna and Luigi Serventi. The film was based on Luis Trenker's novel of the same title, partly based on his own experiences. Separate French and English-language productions were also made. One of the series of popular Mountain films of the era, it was shot on location in the Dolomites.
|Mountains on Fire|
|Music by||Giuseppe Becce|
Les Films Marcel Vandal et Charles Delac
Shortly before the First World War, an Italian and an Austrian take part in a mountaineering expedition together. Not long afterwards they find themselves fighting on different sides. The plot also features references to the Mines on the Italian Front (World War I).
- Luis Trenker as Florian Dimai
- Lissy Arna as Pia, his wife
- Luigi Serventi as Arthur Franchini, his friend
- Claus Clausen as Leutnant (lieutenant) Kall
- Erika Dannhoff
- Paul Graetz
- Michael von Newlinsky
- Emmerich Albert as Tyrolean mountain guide
- Luis Gerold as Tyrolean mountain guide
- Hans Jamnig as Tyrolean mountain guide
- Hugo Lehner as Tyrolean mountain guide
- Roland von Rossi as Tyrolean mountain guide
- Doomed Battalion (1932)
- Naumann p. 173
- Trenker, Luis (1931). Berge in Flammen. Ein Roman aus den Schicksalstagen Südtirols. Berlin: Neufeld & Henius. OCLC 1069062357.
- Trenker, Luis; Degon, Pierre A. (1934). La guerre au Tyrol: combats dans les Dolomites (1915–1918). Paris: Payot. OCLC 48707673.
- Heer, Hannes; Naumann, Klaus, eds. (2004). War of Extermination: The German Military in World War II, 1941–1944. Berghahn Books. ISBN 978-1-57181-493-7.
- Keller, Tait (April 2009). "The Mountains Roar: The Alps during the Great War". Environmental History. 14 (2): 253–274. JSTOR 40608470.