Mountain of Destiny
Mountain of Destiny (German: Berg des Schicksals) is a 1924 German silent drama film written and directed by Arnold Fanck and starring Hannes Schneider, Frida Richard, Erna Morena, and Luis Trenker. The film is about an alpinist who falls to his death while climbing a dangerous peak. His son later succeeds where his father had failed. The film was released in the United Kingdom with the title The Mountaineers. After seeing Mountain of Destiny, Leni Riefenstahl, then a dancer, decided she wanted to start appearing in films. She got in touch with Fanck and starred in his 1926 film The Holy Mountain.
|Mountain of Destiny|
German film poster
|Directed by||Arnold Fanck|
|Produced by||Arnold Fanck|
|Written by||Arnold Fanck|
|Music by||Florian C. Reithner (2010)|
|Edited by||Arnold Fanck|
After a mountaineer is killed attempting to climb a difficult mountain, his son dreams of conquering the peak that has defeated his father. But his mother makes him promise never to attempt it. Events eventually force her to release him from the promise, and he ascends the mountain successfully.
- Hannes Schneider as Bergsteiger
- Frida Richard as Mutter des Bergsteigers
- Erna Morena as Frau des Bergsteigers
- Luis Trenker as Sohn des Bergsteigers
- Gustav Oberg as Freund des Bergsteigers
- Hertha von Walther as Hella, Tochter des Bergsteigers
- Werner Schaarschmidt as Unbekannter Kletterer
- H. von Hoeslin as Unbekannter Kletterer
- Rother p. 22.
- Rother, Rainer (2003). Leni Riefenstahl: The Seduction of Genius. London: Continuum. ISBN 978-0-8264-7023-2.