More Than Movies
More Than Movies (styled as more>movies) was a satellite television channel in the United Kingdom and Ireland, available on Sky and as a free-to-air service on Freesat. It launched on 4 October 2010 as Men&Movies, and was the first Freesat exclusive TV channel until it joined the Sky EPG on 4 April 2011. Between November 2011 and January 2012, Men&Movies was also available on Freeview in Manchester.
|More Than Movies|
|Launched||4 October 2010|
|Closed||22 March 2016|
|Owned by||Sony Pictures Television|
|Audience share||More Than Movies/Movie Mix:|
0.03% (+1) (September 2015 , BARB)
|Formerly called||Men&Movies (2010–13)|
|Replaced by||True Crime|
|Timeshift service||More Than Movies +1|
Availability at time of closure
|Freeview||Channel 32 (named as Movie Mix)|
Channel 156 (+1)
Channel 186 (+1)
The channel was aimed at the middle to old aged male viewer, with its programming orientated around war documentaries, classic TV series and the war film genre. More Than Movies joined its sister channel, Movies4Men which transmits other cinematic genres.
On 2 April 2012, Men&Movies +1 was launched.
On 10 January 2013, Men&Movies was rebranded as More Than Movies, with a shift towards airing films and programmes from Sony's back catalogue. On 17 January 2013, Movie Mix began to simulcast the full More Than Movies schedule on Freeview but retained its own Movie Mix branding. After the channel closed, Movie Mix began to broadcast its own programming again.
- "Men & Movies launches on Freesat". Digital Spy. 4 October 2010.
- "Men&Movies launching on Sky next week". Entertainment Interactive. 30 March 2011.
- "First local Freeview carriage deal agreed". Digital Spy. 16 May 2011.
- "Men&Movies to rebrand 10th January 2013". a516digital. 7 January 2013.
- "MovieMix morphs again as channel aligned with More>Movies". a516digital. 17 January 2013.