Monterey Media Inc. started as a home video company founded in 1982 by Scott Mansfield. Monterey is the second sub-label of NCB Entertainment, after FHE. After many years the company has now expanded from home video into independent theatrical distribution, film festivals, and other venues including television, digital delivery and home entertainment markets.
|Independent Film Distributor|
|Industry||Independent motion pictures distributor, DVD, Bluray|
|Headquarters||125 Auburn Court #220 Westlake Village CA 91362|
Its first release was Deadly Games, a film made by Mansfield. Mansfield then released more titles under the Monterey label; early releases included a Dorsey Burnette tribute concert, a Sandahl Bergman aerobic dance video, Dynamite Chicken, a concert by The Tubes, Oh, Alfie!, The Werewolf of Washington, Can She Bake a Cherry Pie?, And Nothing But the Truth, Tomorrow, The Children of Sanchez, and Autumn Born. The company was also the exclusive distributor for All Grateful Dead concert videos/ DVDs for over 20 years, including The Grateful Dead Movie and Dead Ahead.
Currently, they distribute their films at festivals and events, in theaters, and on DVD and VOD, including feature films, documentaries, self-help videos, and PBS programs.
Selected Theatrical Releases
- 10 Questions for the Dalai Lama
- A Farewell to Fools (2014)
- Approaching Midnight (2013)
- A Beautiful Now (2015)
- Between Us (2012 film) (2012)
- The Blue Butterfly
- Bracelet of Bordeaux (2009)
- Bringing Up Bobby (2012)
- Canopy (2013)
- The Cellar Door (2008)
- The Citizen (2013)
- The Cry (2008)
- Endgame (2010)
- The Endless Summer (1966)
- Eye of the Dolphin (2007)
- Girl on a Bicycle (film) (2014)
- The Girl on the Train (2013)
- Gooby (2009)
- Half of a Yellow Sun (film) (2014)
- Harvest (2011)
- Hey Hey It's Esther Blueburger (2010)
- Home (2009)
- How to be a Serial Killer (2009)
- Humble Pie (2007)
- I Am Comic (2010)
- I Kissed a Vampire (2012).
- Karla (2007)
- Keyhole (film) (2012)
- The Kitchen (2012 film) (2012)
- Leonie (film) (2013)
- The Lesser Blessed (2009)
- Local Color (film) (2009)
- Looking for Palladin (2011)
- Lovely, Still (2012)
- Meadowoods (2010)
- No God, No Master (2014)
- Nobelity (2006)
- One Peace at a Time (2009)
- Peel: The Peru Project (2006)
- The Red Baron (film) (2008)
- Redwood Highway (film) (2014)
- Restitution (2011)
- "Monterey Media [us]". imdb.com. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- Inc, Nielsen Business Media (30 November 1985). "Billboard". Nielsen Business Media, Inc. Retrieved 11 July 2016 – via Google Books.
- "Video Company VHS Cover Art". critcononline.com. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "BayView Entertainment Acquires Monterey Media". mediaplaynews.com. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- http://www.spiritualityandpractice.com/films/films.php?id=18205 Film Review 10 Questions for the Dalai Lama
- Coster, Ramzi De (17 October 2013). "Monterey Media Acquires Three Films, Including Works Starring Gerard Depardieu and Harvey Keitel". indiewire.com. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "'Approaching Midnight' premieres at American Legion convention". chron.com. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- Team, The Deadline (1 April 2013). "Monterey Media Acquires Julia Stiles-Taye Diggs Drama 'Between Us'". deadline.com. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- www.TheNetCave.com, NetMan Inc. "BRACELET OF BORDEAUX, THE from MONTEREY MEDIA - KIDS FIRST! Reviews and Videos". kidsfirst.org. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "Bringing Up Bobby" Acquired by monterey media
- "Monterey Media Takes U.S. Rights to Australian War Thriller 'Canopy'". hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- Yahoo Movies THe Cellar Door
- Cannes: Monterey Media Secures U.S. Passage for 'The Citizen'
- The Cry (2008) Review
- Monterey Media to Release Film Theatrically After TV Debut
- “THE ENDLESS SUMMER”: AN INTERVIEW WITH FILMMAKER BRUCE BROWN
- Cinema Clock Eye of the Dolphin
- ‘Girl On A Bicycle’ Comedy Pic Acquired By Monterey Media
- 'Girl on the Train' goes off the rails in film noir journey
- Bitlanders Trailer
- In Nigeria, the Personal and the Political Clash
- Monterey Media to release ‘Harvest’ in U.S.
- OC Weekly Film
- Looking Deep Into the Abyss of a Troubled Mother’s Heart
- Monterey Media Teaching ‘How To Be A Serial Killer’
- Monterey Media to Serve Up ‘Humble Pie’
- “I AM COMIC”: AN INTERVIEW WITH JORDAN BRADY
- "monterey media To Release "I Kissed a Vampire" iTunes Web Series Theatrically". indieWire. indieWire. Retrieved 12 April 2011.
- Karla (January 19/06)
- "For Guy Maddin's Keyhole Lands a U.S. Home". website. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- "NoHo 7 Film opening guide". laemmle.com. Retrieved 26 Feb 2013.
- Emily Mortimer Starrer 'Leonie' Acquired for U.S. Distribution, The Wrap, 30 Aug. 2012.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Monterey Media Acquires U.S. Rights to 'The Lesser Blessed' Starring Benjamin Bratt". indiewire.com. Indie Wire. 6 February 2013. Archived from the original on 6 February 2013. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- Movieguide (6 August 2012). "LOCAL COLOR - Movieguide - Movie Reviews for Christians". movieguide.org. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "Looking for Palladin suffers from major flaw". Reuters. 3 November 2009. Retrieved 11 July 2016 – via Reuters.
- "Lovely, Still - Film Review - Slant Magazine". slantmagazine.com. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "Horror Movie A Day: Meadowoods (2010)". blogspot.com. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "Google". google.com. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "Movie Review - Nobelity - eFilmCritic". efilmcritic.com. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "One Peace At A Time: A Turk Pipkin/Nobility Project Film - Splash Magazines - Los Angeles". lasplash.com. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "Search Results - Entertainment". msn.com. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- Bradshaw, Peter (3 September 2009). "The Red Baron - Film review". theguardian.com. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "Monterey Media Acquires Three Films, Including Works Starring Gerard Depardieu and Harvey Keitel". indiewire.com. 17 October 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "Restitution". dvdtalk.com. Retrieved 11 July 2016.