Monroe, Tippecanoe County, Indiana
Tippecanoe County's location in Indiana
Location in Tippecanoe County
|Coordinates: 40°17′11″N 086°44′07″W|
|Elevation||787 ft (240 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||439339|
Monroe is located at 40°17'14" North, 86°44'07" West (40.287222, -86.735278) in Lauramie Township and has an elevation of approximately 785 feet. The town sits in open farmland about 10 miles southeast of the city of Lafayette at the intersection of US Route 52 and County Road 900 South. Monroe Cemetery sits on the west side of town, and Lauramie Creek flows westward just to the south.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Monroe, Tippecanoe County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- "USGS detail on Monroe - Variant Citation". Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Tippecanoe County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved July 25, 2016.
- Kingman Brothers (1878). Combination Atlas Map of Tippecanoe County, Indiana. Lafayette, Indiana: Tippecanoe County Historical Society / Lafayette Printing Company. Retrieved 2018-03-30.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.