The Monju (文殊) was a limited express train service operated by West Japan Railway Company (JR West) in Japan from 1996 until March 2011. It operated between Shin-Osaka and Amanohashidate via the Fukuchiyama Line and Kitakinki Tango Railway, and was one of the services that made up JR West's "Big X Network".
183 series EMU on a Monju service at Amanohashidate Station, August 2009
|Service type||Limited express|
|Current operator(s)||JR West|
|Line(s) used||Fukuchiyama Line, Kitakinki Tango Railway|
|Rolling stock||183 series|
|Operating speed||120 km/h (75 mph) (max.)|
The Maizuru service was introduced in March 1996.
- JR Timetable, December 2010 issue, p.123
- JR新幹線＆特急列車ファイル [JR Shinkansen & Limited Express Train File]. Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun. 2008. p. 42. ISBN 978-4-330-00608-6.
- JR電車編成表 2010夏 [JR EMU Formations - Summer 2010]. Japan: JRR. May 2010. p. 183. ISBN 978-4-330-14310-1.
- "JR West March 2011 revised timetable details" (PDF) (in Japanese). West Japan Railway Company. 17 December 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 May 2011. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- JR West Monju 183 series train information (in Japanese)