Monica Bedi (born 1975) is an actress and television presenter. She debuted in Hindi films in the mid-1990s and her notable work includes Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat and Jodi No.1 (both 2001). She is well known after participating in Bigg Boss 2 and also for playing Gumaan Kaur Vyas in Star Plus' Saraswatichandra from 2013-2014.
|Born||1975 (age 43–44)|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Occupation||Cinema/ TV ActressTelugu Cinema|
Early and personal life
Bedi is a Punjabi and was born to Dr. Prem Kumar Bedi and Shakuntala Bedi in the village Chabbewal, Hoshiarpur district, Punjab. Her parents moved to Drammen, Norway in 1979. At the end of her under-graduation in India, she joined Oxford University, United Kingdom for reading literature; simultaneously, her acting education got completed at Delhi University in 1995.
In September 2002, Bedi and Abu Salem were arrested and served jail sentence in Portugal for entering the country on forged documents. In 2006, an Indian Court convicted Bedi for procuring a passport on a fictitious name. In November 2010, the Supreme Court of India upheld her conviction but reduced the jail term to the period that she had already served.
Bedi was a participant in Bigg Boss Season 2, a television reality show. She was one of the contestants of the reality shows Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3 and Desi Girl.
Bedi acted in the Punjabi movie Sirphire (2012), directed by Harjit Singh Ricky.
In 2013, Bedi played a negative role of Ghumman in Star Plus' show Saraswatichandra.
|1994||Main Tera Aashiq||Hindi|
|1995||Aashique Mastane||Hindi||Ajay Kashyap|
|1996||Soggadi Pellam||Telugu||Tulasi||Muthyala Subbaiah|
|1996||Subash||Tamil||Anitha||R. V. Udayakumar|
|1997||Ek Phool Teen Kante||Hindi||Anup Malik|
|1997||Jeeyo Shaan Se||Hindi||Talat Jani|
|1997||Tirchhi Topiwale||Hindi||Sanam Oberoi||Nandeem Khan|
|1997||Circus Sattipandu||Telugu||C H Srinivas|
|1998||Jabab Dihi||Bengali||Bangladeshi & West Bengal joint production|
|1998||Charidike Santrash||Bengali, Bangladeshi Movie||Amin Khan|
|1998||Sivayya||Telugu||R Suresh Varma|
|1999||Sikander Sadak Ka||T L V Prasad|
|1999||Jaanam Samjha Karo||Hindi||Monica|
|1999||Kaala Samrajya||Hindi||Monica K. Singh|
|2001||Jodi No.1||Hindi||Rinky||David Dhawan|
|2001||Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat||Hindi||Maya Dhillon||Rajiv Rai|
|2003||Tada (film)||Hindi||Sisir Mishra|
|2011||Devadasiyin Kathai||Tamil||Swathi Varma, Mukesh Rishi||Renuka|
|2012||Hridoye Lekho Naam||Bengali|
|2012||Sirphire||Punjabi||Simran||Harjit Singh Ricky|
|2014||Romeo Ranjha||Punjabi||Reet Kaur||Navaniat Singh|
|2017||Bandookan||Punjabi||Balwinder||Daljit Singh Baath|
|2008||Bigg Boss 2||Herself|
|2009||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3||Herself|
|2010||Dil Jeetegi Desi Girl 1||Herself|
|2013–14||Saraswatichandra||Guman Laxminandan Vyas|
- "The tale of Monica Bedi". Times of India. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- Kumar, Vinay (29 November 2003). "Abu Salem, Monica Bedi sentenced to jail in Portugal". The Hindu. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- "Monica Bedi writes pardon letter to PM". The Times of India. Press Trust of India. 7 November 2004. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- "The tale of Monica Bedi". The Times of India. 10 August 2005. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Monica Bedi lives tough life in jail". CNN-IBN. 1 October 2005. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- "Top 10 Celebrities and Their Run-ins With the Law". The New Indian Express. 25 February 2016. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Fake Passport Case: SC Upholds Bedi's Conviction". Outlook. 9 November 2010. Archived from the original on 2 February 2014. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- "Supreme Court upholds Monica Bedi's conviction in fake passport case". Daily News and Analysis. 9 November 2010. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Monica Bedi makes Telugu producers wary". Times of India. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- IANS (6 September 2008). "Monica Bedi bids adieu to Bigg Boss". Sify. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- "Monica Bedi turns singer!". Times of India. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Tada". Retrieved 7 December 2019 – via www.imdb.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Monica Bedi.|