|Editor in chief||Merryn Somerset Webb|
|Circulation||46,498 (December 2016)|
|Publisher||MoneyWeek Limited (Dennis Publishing Limited)|
|Year founded||November 2000|
It is owned by MoneyWeek Limited, which is now a subsidiary of London-based Dennis Publishing Limited, which owned it once before, prior to 2002.
From July to December 2015, the magazine had an Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) certified circulation of 45,540 (99.0% of which was in the UK and Ireland).
MoneyWeek, founded by Jolyon Connell, was launched in November 2000 and originally published in association with Dennis Publishing. It was designed as a financial version of The Week magazine, which was founded by Jolyon Connell five years previously.
MoneyWeek was sold by Dennis Publishing to Financial News Ltd. in August 2002. In late 2003 it was bought by U.S. financial publisher, Agora Inc. headed by Bill Bonner, who contributes a weekly column in the magazine.
A South African edition of MoneyWeek was launched in June 2007, initially on a subscription basis, with newsstand availability from 2008. A French language edition, published in Paris, was launched in September 2008 but disappeared at the beginning of October 2011. The winding up of MoneyWeek France was officially pronounced at that time.
MoneyWeek supported Leave in the UK's 2016 EU Referendum.
In 2017, MoneyWeek was re-acquired by Dennis Publishing. The brand will join Dennis’ Current Affairs division, which include award winning, market-leading titles, The Week and The Week Junior, TheWeek.co.uk and The WeekDay app.
MoneyWeek provides a digest of the week's financial and investment news, and also covers associated economic and political stories.
In addition to the news digest, it features market commentary and analysis, share tips, interviews, travel and lifestyle pieces.
Ban in China
- International Living
- "Consumer Magazines Circulation Certificate – MoneyWeek – July to December 2015" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. 23 March 2016. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "The Week launches financial title", Media Week, 29 September 2000
- Connell, Jolyon, MoneyWeek, Issue 1, 4 November 2000, p.3
- "Money Week magazine sold to Financial News" Archived 2012-02-22 at the Wayback Machine, Press Gazette, 9 August 2002
- "Magazine ABCs: High-brow news titles surge ahead" Archived 2008-09-22 at the Wayback Machine, Press Gazette, 14 August 2008
- "MoneyWeek comes to SA". Biz-community.com.
- "Moneyweek magazine sold to Dennis". BCMS. July 2017.