Mizoram Premier League
The Mizoram Premier League (Also known as the Mc Dowell's Mizoram Premier League for sponsorship reasons) is the highest state-level association football league in Mizoram, India. On a national scale this league would be considered the 3rd tier of Indian Football. The competition is conducted by the Mizoram Football Association, the official football body of Mizoram. The league started on 24 October 2012 for the first time.
|Number of teams||8|
|Relegation to||1st Division|
|Current champions||Aizawl F.C.|
|TV partners||Zonet Cable TV network (Telecast),Sony Liv (Live streaming)|
Mizoram Premier League will has 8 clubs. The four top clubs qualify for the MPL automatically While the other 4 teams will be decided via a playoff . The top 4 teams from the play-off shall qualify for the MPL The 8 clubs playing for season 8 of MPL are Electric Veng FC, Mizoram Police, Aizawl FC , Chanmari FC, Chawnpui FC, Chhinga Veng FC, FC Venghnuai and Ramhlun North FC.
On 14 June 2012 it was announced that the Mizoram Football Association had signed a five-year ₹ 1.25 crore deal with ZONET Cable TV Pvt. Ltd. The deal was signed by Mizoram Football Association president Lal Thanzara, while Zonet Cable TV Director R.K. Lianzuala(of Bethlehem Veng) signed for Zonet. The deal between the MFA and Zonet is one of the most lucrative sports deals in the North East of India.. In 2017 it was announced the channel signed another 5 year extension with Mizoram Football Association Worth 1.5 Crores . Mizoram Premier League (MPL) season 8 is now streamed live on SonyLIV, MPL is the first state league to be televised on a national television platform.
Winners and awards
Prize money for 2012–13 Mizoram Premier League.
|Champion||₹ 5,00,000||Fairplay||₹ 20,000|
|Runners-up||₹ 3,00,000||Best Goalkeeper||₹ 5,000|
|3rd Place||₹ 2,00,000||Best Forward||₹ 5,000|
|4th Place||₹1,50,000||Best Midfielder||₹ 5,000|
|5th Place||₹ 1,25,000||Best Defender||₹ 5,000|
|6th Place||₹ 1,00,000||Match winner||₹ 3,000|
|7th Place||₹ 75,000||Match looser||₹ 2,000|
|8th Place||₹ 50,000||Man of the Match||₹ 1,000|
- Das, Amlan. "Agreement Signed for Mizoram Premier League". Barefoot Magazine. Archived from the original on 17 February 2013. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- Chaudhari, Anurava. "Mizoram Premier League to kick-off on October 24". sportskeeda. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "The Start of Mizoram Premier League Play Off". Inkhel. Archived from the original on 30 January 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "Fixture of Season 8 of Mizoram Premier League". nenow. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "Mizoram Premier League Breaks New Ground as SonyLIV to Live Stream Season 8 Matches". news18. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "MPL 5 Champions Chanmari". Inkhel. 16 December 2016. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "Mizoram FA Signs Rs 1.25 Crore Commercial Deal". www.sinlung.com/. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
For the 2012 season the Mizoram Premier League will have 8 clubs. The four clubs that qualify for the MPL automatically are Dinthar FC, Luangmual, FC Kulikawn, and Mizoram FC.