|Operating system||Cross-platform (web-based application)|
|Type||Statistics, Analysis, Cohort Analysis|
Its toolset contains in-app A/B tests and user survey forms. Data collected is used to build custom reports and measure user engagement and retention. Mixpanel works with web applications, in particular SaaS, but also supports mobile apps.
Mixpanel was founded by Suhail Doshi and Tim Trefren in 2009 and is based in San Francisco, California. It is backed by Y Combinator, and its list of investors includes Andreessen Horowitz, Max Levchin and Keith Rabois.
- "Mixpanel Adds Mobile A/B Testing To Its Analytics Platform". TechCrunch. Aug 27, 2011.
- "Andreessen and Mixpanel Call for an End to "Bullshit Metrics"". AllThingsD. Dec 17, 2012.
- "Mixpanel profile on CrunchBase". CrunchBase.
- "Mixpanel Raises $65 Million to Build Predictive Data Tech". The Wall Street Journal. Dec 18, 2014.
- "Mixpanel Raises $10.25M Led By Andreessen Horowitz, Now Provides Analytics For Viddy And Path". TechCrunch. May 10, 2012.
- Levy, Ari (2018-04-24). "Twitter's former 'Mr. Fixit' takes over analytics start-up Mixpanel as 29-year-old CEO steps down". CNBC. Retrieved 2018-04-24.
- Gage, Deborah (September 10, 2014). "In 'Unicorn Hire,' Mixpanel Lures Top Sales Executive From New Relic". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved September 20, 2016.
- Ha, Anthony (January 22, 2014). "Mixpanel Aims To Help Developers Deliver Targeted Messages Through New In-App Notifications". TechCrunch. Retrieved September 20, 2016.
- Perez, Sarah (July 11, 2014). "Amplitude, The Analytics Startup Undercutting Mixpanel, Raises $2 Million Seed Round". TechCrunch. Retrieved September 20, 2016.
- Lawler, Ryan (July 29, 2013). "Now Analyzing More Than 15 Billion Actions A Month, Mixpanel Launches A Big Marketing Campaign And A Conference About Analytics". TechCrunch. Retrieved September 20, 2016.
- Birani, B.; Birani, M. (2016). iOS Forensics Cookbook. Packt Publishing. p. 53– . ISBN 978-1-78528-535-6. (subscription required)