The Missoula Maulers were a junior ice hockey team from Missoula, Montana. The team played in the Northern Pacific Hockey League, the American West Hockey League, and the Western States Hockey League. out of Missoula's Glacier Ice Rink.
|League||Northern Pacific Hockey League|
American West Hockey League
Western States Hockey League
|Home arena||Glacier Ice Rink|
|Colors||Dark Blue, black, white, and gray|
|General manager||Marcus Baxter|
|Head coach||Marcus Baxter|
Michael Burks is the club's principal owner and president of operations. In 2016, Burks and the operators of the Glacier Ice Rink had a lease dispute and Burks decided to shut down the team rather than continue to fight the operators for a better contract. The Maulers were quickly replaced at the Glacier Ice Rink by a North American 3 Hockey League expansion team, named the Missoula Jr. Bruins, owned by Jason and Liz DiMatteo.
The Maulers were founded as an expansion team for the 2007–08 season in the Northern Pacific Hockey League (NorPac). They played in the NorPac until 2011 when many of the eastern NorPac teams formed the new American West Hockey League (AWHL) including the Maulers. After two seasons, the Maulers announced that were leaving the AWHL for the Amateur Athletic Union-sanctioned Western States Hockey League(WSHL).
The players, ages 16–20, carried amateur status under Tier III/Tier II/Junior A guidelines with hopes to earn a spot on a collegiate or minor professional team.
|2013–14||46||20||22||4||44||152||151||981||4th of 6, Northwest|
16th of 24, WSHL
|Lost Div. Semifinals, 1-2 vs. Idaho Jr. Steelheads|
|2014–15||46||36||9||1||73||249||113||802||2nd of 7, Northwest|
4th of 28, WSHL
|Div. Quarterfinals, Bye|
Won Div. Semifinals, 2-1 vs. Southern Oregon Spartans
Lost Div. Finals, 1-2 vs. Idaho Jr. Steelheads
|2015–16||52||38||12||2||78||257||143||715||2nd of 8, Northwest|
7th of 29, WSHL
|Div. Quarterfinals, Bye|
Won Div. Semifinals, 2-0 vs. Southern Oregon Spartans
Lost Div. Finals, 0-2 vs. Idaho Jr. Steelheads
- "Maulers change to Western States Hockey League". kpax.com. April 12, 2013. Archived from the original on May 9, 2013. Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- Goal oriented: Michigan native has unique dedication, rituals as Missoula Maulers' goalie
- "Maulers owner explains decision to disband local hockey team". The Missoulian. May 14, 2016.
- "New Missoula junior hockey team approved". The Montana Standard. May 21, 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-05-01. Retrieved 2010-06-01.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Maulers, 3 other teams leaving NorPac". Missoulian. June 2, 2011. Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- Staff (June 14, 2011). "American West Hockey League Accepted As Newest Addition To USA Hockey Juniors". NBC Montana. Archived from the original on October 3, 2011. Retrieved June 22, 2011.