St. John the Baptist Church, erected in 1892
|Coordinates: 46.43260°N 63.86825°W|
|Province||Prince Edward Island|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (Atlantic (AST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-3 (ADT)|
Miscouche is east to the Evangeline Region, the province's largest francophone area comprising numerous Acadian settlements; 15% of Miscouche's population is considered francophone. Miscouche also serves as a service centre for some nearby rural communities, including Belmont, Central Lot 16, Southwest Lot 16, Grand River, St. Nicolas, and Linkletter.
The Second Acadian National Convention was held in Miscouche in 1884, and was attended by approximately 5,000 Acadian delegates from across the Maritimes. The Convention saw the adoption of nearly all Acadian national symbols, including the Acadian flag. Because Miscouche hosted this historic convention, it was decided in 1964 that the Acadian Museum of Prince Edward Island be constructed next to the church. The Museum has been housed in a much larger facility since 1991 (still located on the same location as the former museum) and since 1996 it has served as one of the seven sites of Museum & Heritage Prince Edward Island, a division of the provincial Department of Community, Cultural Affairs and Labour.
St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church is one of the oldest wooden churches in Prince Edward Island. It features a historic Casavant organ. Extensive renovations were completed in recent years to restore much of the previous grandeur of the building.
Miscouche Consolidated School was established in 1977. Grades 1 through 9 are taught, with grades 10-12 taught at Three Oaks Senior High in Summerside.
- "Municipal Councils and Contact Information" (PDF). Government of Prince Edward Island. January 27, 2017. Retrieved February 4, 2017.