Miracle Child (film)
Miracle Child is a 1993 American made-for-television drama film based on the novel Miracle at Clement's Pond by Patricia Pendergraft. It was filmed in Archer, Florida and featured historic homes and churches in and around Archer. It was produced by Steve White Productions. It is part of the Disney Family Classics line.
|Based on||Miracle at Clement's Pond by Patricia Pendergraft|
|Written by||Gerald Di Pego|
|Directed by||Michael Pressman|
George D. Wallace
Thomas C. Chapman
|Theme music composer||Craig Safan|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Steve White|
Cecily Truett (co-executive producer)
Irwin Marcus (co-producer)
Christopher DeFaria (associate producer)
|Running time||100 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Steve White Productions|
Walt Disney Television
|Distributor||Buena Vista Television|
National Broadcasting Company
|Original release||April 6, 1993|
A despairing young widow (Crystal Bernard) who abandons her baby at pond-side among bulrushes and a traveling man (John Terry) who's fighting to reclaim his own son (Graham Sack) are drawn together. A baby plops out of a rainy, stormy sky into the arms of the town's beloved, vaguely addled spinster (Grace Zabriskie). Miracles suddenly reverse the fortunes of the town as drought and unemployment disappear, only to be replaced by boosterism and greed.
- Crystal Bernard as Lisa Porter
- Cloris Leachman as Doc Betty
- John Terry as Buck Sanders
- Graham Sack as Lyle Sanders
- Grace Zabriskie as Adeleine Newberry
- George D. Wallace as Grandpa
- Lexi Randall as Taffy Marshall
- Gary Grubbs as John Marshall
- Barnard Hughes as Judge
- Bekka Allen as Willa Mrshall
- Rick Galloway as English
- Thomas C. Chapman as Old Jack
- John Archie as Sherriff Peak (sic)
- Brett Cipes as The Whittler
- Rocky Essex as Painter
- Variety and Daily Variety Television Reviews 1993-1994. Taylor & Francis. 1996. p. 12. ISBN 0-8240-3797-9.
- Ellen Baskin; A. G. S. Enser (2003). Enser's Filmed Books and Plays: A List of Books and Plays From Which Films Have Been Made, 1928-2001. Ashgate Publishing. p. 275. ISBN 0-7546-0878-6.
- John Leonard (1993-04-12). "The Wanda Years". New York: 61.