Minority (Gigi Gryce song)
"Minority" is a 16-bar jazz standard in a minor key by Gigi Gryce, first recorded with Clifford Brown in Paris on October 8, 1953. Gryce recorded it again with Art Blakey and on his The Hap'nin's album for Prestige (1960). The song has been recorded over 40 times.
|Instrumental by Gigi Gryce with Clifford Brown|
|Recorded||October 8, 1953|
- Art Blakey: Blakey (EmArcy, 1954)
- Cannonball Adderley: Portrait of Cannonball (Riverside, 1958)
- Bill Evans: Everybody Digs Bill Evans (Riverside, 1958)
- Art Pepper: The Return of Art Pepper
- Bootsie Barnes: You Leave Me Breathless!
- Pat Martino: Strings! (Prestige, 1967)
- Ben Sidran: The Cat and the Hat (1980)
- Bud Shank/Phil Woods: Bouncing with Bud and Phil: Live at Yoshi's (1995)
- Catalano, Nick (2001). Clifford Brown : the life and art of the legendary jazz trumpeter. Oxford: Oxford University Press. p. 88. ISBN 978-0195144000.
- Gardner, Mark (1968). Pat Martino, "Strings!" Liner Notes. Final column: Prestige Records.
- "Minority - Gigi Gryce". Historical Notes. JazzLeadSheets.com. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- The Real Book (6th ed.). Milwaukee, WI: Hal Leonard Pub. Corp. 2004. p. 273. ISBN 978-0634060380.