Ministry of the Imperial Court
The Ministry of the Imperial Court (Russian: Министерство императорского двора) was established in Russia in 1826, and embraced in one institution all the former separate branches of the Court administration.
|Russian: Министерство императорского двора|
|Formed||3 September [O.S. 22 August] 1826|
|Jurisdiction||Emperor of All Russia|
The Ministry of the Court was under the personal cognizance of His Majesty the Emperor, and therefore, rendered account of all its affairs to his majesty alone. After the February Revolution of 1917, the Ministry was abolished.
- Minister of the Court
- Assistant minister
- Ministerial council
- General sections
- Special sections
- Section of the Marshal of the Court, for the provisioning of the Imperial Court and the arrangement of receptions.
- Expedition of Ceremonies
- Chancery of HIM the Empress
- The clergy of the Court under the direction of the Protopresbyter of the Cathedral of the Imperial Winter Palace and the Cathedral of the Annunciation in Moscow
- The private library of His Imperial Majesty
- The Imperial Hermitage and its Museum of Arts
- The Imperial Academy of Arts
- The Imperial Archaeological Commission, which supervised all archaeological research in Russia.
- Direction of the Imperial Theatres in St. Petersburg and Moscow
- The Court choristers
- The Imperial band of Musicians
- The Imperial Stables
- The Imperial Hunt
- The electrotechnical section, superintending the lighting of the palaces etc.
- Company of Court Grenadiers - instituted for distinguishing and rewarding meritorious soldiers. These grenadiers performed sentinel duty at certain monuments and in the palaces etc.
- Chapter of Imperial and Royal Orders
- Chief department of Appanages
- Statesman's handbook for Russia. 1896.
- Saint Petersburg Encyclopedia