Ministry of Justice of the Russian Empire
Ministry of Justice — one of the Russian Empire's central public institutions.
Established on 8 September 1802. The Ministry was headed by the Minister (who was at the same time Senate Procurator General)
- A Board of Consultation for the cases brought from the Senate before the Minister of Justice as Procurator General.
- First Department.
- Second Department.
- The Office of Surveys and the Surveying Institute. (since 1870)
- Imperial School of Jurisprudence.
- Moscow Archives of the Ministry of Justice.
- The Council on Prison Affairs and the Chief Prisons Office. (since 1895, transferred from Ministry of Interior)
- Statesman handbook for Russia. 1896.
- Encyclopedia of St. Petersburg