Ministry of Finance of the Russian Empire
Ministry of Finance — one of the Russian Empire's central public institutions, in charge of financial and economic policy.
The ministry was established on 8 September 1802, and reorganized in 1810–11. By the end of the 19th century, it consisted of a:
- Ministerial Council
- General and Special Offices for Crediting
- Department of the State Treasury - controlling the movement of the funds and keeping the account for all the treasuries
- Department of Assessed contributions - for taxes and Zemstvo duties
- Department of Customs Duties
- Department of Railway Affairs
- Department of Unassessed taxes and for State sales of Spirits
- Central Weights and Measures Board
- number of permanent Committees and Councils.