Ministry of Education (Brazil)
The Ministry of Education (Portuguese: Ministério da Educação), also known as MEC, an initialism derived from its former name Ministry of Education and Culture (Portuguese: Ministério da Educação e Cultura), is a cabinet-level federal ministry of Brazil. The current Minister of Education is Abraham Weintraub.
|Formed||14 November 1930|
|Headquarters||Brasília, Distrito Federal|
|Annual budget||R$ 101,3 billion (2015)|
It is tasked with coordinating national education policy and daily affairs, from early childhood to the post-graduate level.
The acronym MEC used to refer to Ministério da Educação e Cultura, (English: Ministry of Education and Culture), but it was split in 1985 into the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Culture. The Ministry of Education retained the MEC acronym, while the Ministry of Culture got the acronym MinC.
- Instituto Benjamin Constant
- Universities and higher education in Brazil
- Undergraduate education in Brazil
- Graduate degrees in Brazil
- Bachelor's degree in Brazil
- CNPq (National Council for Scientific and Technological Development)
- Lattes Platform
- Brazilian science and technology
- Coordenadoria de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- INEP (National Institute for Research on Education)