Mineral fields of Western Australia
Mining in Western Australia is administered in terms of the administrative divisions of the:-
- Gold or Mineral Field
- Goldfield District
There have also been various hierarchies of State Mining Engineer Inspectorate areas, as well as Mining Registrars Offices and areas.
List of fields
The following list is of the current Gold (G.F.) or Mineral (M.F.) Fields in the state The prefix code number is that which is found on maps of the Mineral Fields of the state. Areas are in square kilometres and Gazetted dates are from a 1981 publication. The three areas outside proclaimed Gold Fields are listed below the table: -
Mining districts outside proclaimed Gold fields in 1981
- Eucla 124,500 km2 gazetted 6 October 1967
- Nabberu 136,250 km2 gazetted 6 October 1967
- Warburton 260,483 km2 gazetted 6 October 1967 now number 69 above
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 July 2008. Retrieved 1 June 2008.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) pages 8,9,10
- (1981) Map of Western Australia showing |Administrative Divisions and principal mines and operators Perth, Department of Mines Administrative divisions list
- "Greenbushes mineral field". Kalgoorlie Miner. 16 (4630). Western Australia. 3 August 1910. p. 3. Retrieved 8 March 2017 – via National Library of Australia.
- "News and notes". Westralian Worker (1499). Western Australia. 30 July 1937. p. 5. Retrieved 9 March 2017 – via National Library of Australia.
- "Western Australia". Newcastle Morning Herald And Miners' Advocate. XVII (11, 515). New South Wales, Australia. 19 September 1890. p. 6. Retrieved 9 March 2017 – via National Library of Australia.
- "Gascoyne". Western Mail. XIV (677). Western Australia. 16 December 1898. p. 129. Retrieved 9 March 2017 – via National Library of Australia.
- "Collie River coal mining district". Western Mail. XVI (801). Western Australia. 4 May 1901. p. 32. Retrieved 9 March 2017 – via National Library of Australia.
- Catling, Arthur (1899), The Norseman gold belt : Dundas Goldfield, a flourishing West Australian division, description of the mines and country, together with a history of the companies and people : a record of the output of each property, s.n, retrieved 19 April 2012
- Prebble, F. (Frances) (1979), The historical development of the Phillips River goldfield, Western Australia, retrieved 19 April 2012
- Ralph, Gilbert M (2007), Bullfinch and the Yilgarn goldfield, Hesperian Press, ISBN 978-0-85905-395-2
- Playford, Phillip E. (Phillip Elliott); Ruddock, Ian, Discovery of the Kimberley goldfield, retrieved 19 April 2012
- (1981) Mineral fields of the southwest : guide book / by S.A. Wilde, C.R.M. Butt, J.L. Baxter ; compiled by T.E. Johnston. [Australia] : Geological Society of Australia, 1981. Excursion guide ; A4 Geological Society of Australia, fifth Australian Geological Convention.
- (1936) Map of the Western Australian goldfields and mineral fields 1936 [cartographic material]/ Mines Department of Western Australia. Scale [ca.1:550 000]. [ca. 1" = 10 miles]. (E 112° -- E 123°/S 020° -- S 036°) Shows state batteries, telegraph lines and stock routes. Battye accession number 002306.