The Milwaukee Milkmen are an independent baseball team based in Franklin, Wisconsin. They play in the American Association of Independent Professional Baseball at Routine Field.
|League||American Association of Independent Professional Baseball|
|Colors||Black and white|
The team's nickname was chosen to reflect Wisconsin's reputation as "America's Dairyland." Milkmen was among ten finalists in a "Name the Team" contest which also included: Barn Owls, Bovines, Broilers, Cheesers, Cow Tippers, Crop Dusters, Farmhands, Haymakers, and War Pigs.
Due to construction delays at Routine Field, the Milkmen started their inaugural season playing their home games at Kokomo Municipal Stadium in Indiana. The Routine Field home opener was rescheduled for June 24, 2019, a month after the first home game.
The Milkmen played their first game on Thursday, May 16, 2019, a 5-4 victory at the St. Paul Saints. They played their first home game in Kokomo on Friday, May 24, a 4-5 loss to the Chicago Dogs. Their first home game at Routine Field was a 3-2 loss in 11 innings to the Gary SouthShore RailCats. The team finished 38-62 in their first season.
|2019||AA||North||38-62||6th||.380||Did not qualify|
Milwaukee Milkmen roster
|Active (22-man) roster||Coaches/Other|
- Spedden, Zach (June 25, 2019). "Routine Field Debuts". Ballpark Digest. August Publications. Retrieved June 25, 2019.
- "Milwaukee Added as League Member for 2019". American Association of Independent Professional Baseball. February 27, 2018. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Milwaukee Milkmen reschedule home opener". BizTimes. Milwaukee: BizTimes Media. April 13, 2019. Retrieved May 2, 2019.
- "New for 2019: Milwaukee Milkmen". Ballpark Digest. September 17, 2018. Retrieved September 17, 2018.
- "10 Finalists for Franklin American Association Team Name". Ballpark Digest. May 3, 2018. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Hogg, Curt (May 17, 2019). "A lighting outage, an ejection, 13 innings and 5 hours later, the Milwaukee Milkmen capped a bizarre franchise debut with a win". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved June 4, 2019.
- Pannier, Robert (May 25, 2019). "Luke Westphal No-Hits Milwaukee Through 6, Dogs Prevail 5-4". Minor League Sports Report. Retrieved June 4, 2019.