Dugald Milton Dick (born 21 July 1972) is an Australian Labor Party politician who is the member for Oxley in the Australian House of Representatives since 2 July 2016. He served as the Brisbane City Council Leader of the Opposition from 2012, and was the Councillor for the Richlands Ward from 2008 to 2016. He was previously Secretary of the Australian Labor Party in Queensland from 2004 to 2008.
|Member of the Australian Parliament|
|Assumed office |
2 July 2016
|Preceded by||Bernie Ripoll|
|Leader of the Opposition |
of Brisbane City Council
1 May 2012 – 19 March 2016
|Preceded by||Shayne Sutton|
|Succeeded by||Peter Cumming|
|Brisbane City Councillor for |
15 March 2008 – 19 March 2016
|Preceded by||Les Bryant|
|Succeeded by||Charles Strunk|
|Secretary of the Australian Labor Party|
4 April 2004 – 15 March 2008
|Preceded by||Cameron Milner|
|Succeeded by||Anthony Chisholm|
|Born||21 July 1972|
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Political party||Australian Labor Party|
|Alma mater||University of Queensland|
Dick is the brother of Queensland Government Minister Cameron Dick.
In 2015, Dick was pre-selected by the Australian Labor Party to contest the Division of Oxley at the next Australian federal election. He left Brisbane City Council on 19 March 2016 and was elected as the member for Oxley at the 2016 federal election on 2 July 2016.
- Brisbane City Council. "Richlands Ward". Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- Brisbanetimes.com.au. "Milton Dick to quit as ALP state secretary (2007)". Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- Sydney Morning Herald. "Milton Dick Endorsed as next Labor candidate for Oxley". Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Oxley – Australia Votes". Election 2016. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- Mr Milton Dick MP, Parliament of Australia
|Parliament of Australia|
| Member for Oxley