Mill Woods Park
Mill Woods Park or Mill Woods Sport Park is a large multi-recreational park located in the centre of Mill Woods, Edmonton, just to the west of Mill Woods Town Centre. It serves as the school fields for both Holy Trinity and J Percy Page High Schools.
|Mill Woods Park|
|Mill Woods Sport Park|
Waterfowl in Mill Woods Park.
Location within Edmonton
|Area||0.4 km2 (0.15 sq mi)|
|Operated by||City of Edmonton|
|Open||5:00 a.m. -11:00 p.m.|
|Website||Mill Woods Sport Park|
The park features picnic sites, water playground, small lake, paved walkways, sports field, and a skate park. It is also home to the Mill Woods Canada Day events with various musical performances, petting zoos, hay rides and other activities, with about 50,000 people in attendance each year. During the winter it becomes a popular spot for skiing and sledding.
- "Mill Woods Sport Park". City of Edmonton. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "Canada Day Fireworks". i880news. 2007-07-02. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "22nd Annual Mill Woods Canada Day Celebration". Mill Woods Community League. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "Mill Woods boasts the city's best Canada Day fireworks". Edmonton Examiner. June 27, 2012. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "Mill Woods Recreation Centre". City of Edmonton. Archived from the original on 16 October 2012. Retrieved 28 October 2012.