Milks Grove Township, Iroquois County, Illinois
Milks Grove Township is one of twenty-six townships in Iroquois County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 214 and it contained 79 housing units. Milks Grove Township formed from a portion of Chebanse Township on an unknown date, but before 1921. Milks Grove is named for the late 19th-century midwestern land speculator Lemuel Milk.
Milks Grove Township
Location in Iroquois County
Iroquois County's location in Illinois
|Coordinates: 40°57′12″N 88°04′35″W|
|• Total||36.36 sq mi (94.2 km2)|
|• Land||36.36 sq mi (94.2 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||669 ft (204 m)|
|• Density||5.9/sq mi (2.3/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
60911, 60922, 60927, 60941
The township contains Milk's Grove Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- Berns Airport
- Porter Airport
- Central Community Unit School District 4
- Herscher Community Unit School District 2
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 105
- State Senate District 53
- Iroquois County Board District 1
- "Milks Grove Township, Iroquois County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.