Military intervention against ISIL ground order of battle
This is the Military intervention against ISIL ground order of battle, which lists the American forces and allies aerial assets that have taken part in the Military intervention against ISIL between June 2014 and the present day.
- 1st Infantry Division
- 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division (January – September 2015).
- 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division
- 1st Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (September 2015 – June 2016).
- 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) (June 2016 – January 2017).
- 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division (January 2017 – 2017)
- 218th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade (2019)
- Elements of 2nd Battalion, The Yorkshire Regiment (2 YORKS)
- Elements of 2nd Battalion, The Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment (2 PWRR)
- Elements of 1st Battalion, The Rifles (1 RIFLES) (July 2015 – January 2017)
- Elements of 2nd Battalion, The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment (2 LANCS)
- Elements of The Highlanders, 4th Battalion, Royal Regiment of Scotland (4 SCOTS) between February and July 2017.
- Elements of Unknown Battalion between July and December 2017.
- Elements of The Royal Highland Fusiliers, 2nd Battalion, The Royal Regiment of Scotland (2 SCOTS) from December 2017.
- 5 Armoured Engineer Squadron, 22 Engineer Regiment during 2017.
- Operation Inherent Resolve, name for American operations
- Operation Okra, name for Australian operations
- Operation Shader, name for British operations
- Operation Impact, name for Canadian operations
- Opération Chammal, name for French operations
Commander headquarters of ongoing operations:
- Michelle Tan (30 December 2014). "2-star on Iraq: 'Still a big fight going on here'". Army Times. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- Sgt. Deja Borden (15 April 2015). "Build Partner Capacity strengthens bonds, armies" (PDF) (Press release). Combined Joint Task Force, Operation Inherent Resolve. Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 April 2015.
- "Warrior Brigade assumes mission in Iraq". U.S. Central Command – DoD. Retrieved 4 December 2015.
- "Department of the Army announces 101st Airborne Division deployment". U.S. Army. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "US Soldiers build elite Iraqi force with ranger training". U.S. Army. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Blue Spaders at Operating Base Union III protect critical OIR efforts". Fort Campbell Courier. February 28, 2018.
- "US infantry troops, armored vehicles arrive in Syria to deter ISIS". American Military News. November 1, 2019.
- "Rare Photos Show Life Inside A US Military Base In Iraq". Buzzfeed. February 28, 2018.
- "With more Fort Bragg troops deploying, commander says fight against ISIS is 'tough and brutal'". Fay Observer. February 28, 2018.
- "Commander: 'Fair chance' US had role in strike on civilians in Mosul". Stars and Stripes. February 28, 2018.
- "David Cameron defends 'clear' Iraq strategy". BBC News. 18 August 2014. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
Troops from the 2nd Battalion Yorkshire regiment had been sent into the Kurdish capital Irbil for 24 hours to prepare the ground for a possible rescue mission by the helicopters.
- "UK troops training Kurdish forces in Iraq, says MoD". BBC News. 12 October 2014. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "Defence Secretary thanks UK military personnel tackling ISIL". Ministry of Defence. 1 March 2015. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "New Footage of British Troops Training Peshmerga". Forces TV. 27 January 2015. Retrieved 31 January 2015.
- "Task Group Taji trains Iraqi security forces during combat medical course". DVIDS. December 27, 2016.
- "MOD statement following death of soldier in Iraq". MoD. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- "Ready to rumble with ISIS: Scottish troops to target terror as Highlanders head off to Iraq". Daily Record. Retrieved 25 July 2017.
- "Perth soldier Chris Stewart gets ready for Operation Shader later this month". Perth Gazette. Retrieved 25 July 2017.
- "Fallon Praises Troops Preparing To Join Fight Against Islamic State". Forces TV. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "More British troops head for Iraq to defeat Islamic State". Sky News. Retrieved 3 September 2017.