Milano trema: la polizia vuole giustizia
The Violent Professionals (Italian: Milano trema: la polizia vuole giustizia) is a 1973 Italian Poliziotteschi gangster film directed by Sergio Martino. The film stars Luc Merenda (Giorgio Caneparo) who goes undercover as a getaway driver for the mob so he can wage a one-man war on crime to avenge the death of father-figure cop Gianni (Silvano Tranquilli).
|The Violent Professionals|
|Directed by||Sergio Martino|
|Screenplay by||Ernesto Gastaldi|
|Story by||Ernesto Gastaldi|
|Music by||Guido & Maurizio De Angelis|
|Edited by||Eugenio Alabiso|
|Box office||₤1.162 billion|
In 2009 Empire Magazine named it #9 in a poll of the "20 Greatest Gangster Movies You've Never Seen* (*Probably)".
- Luc Merenda as Commissioner Giorgio Caneparo
- Richard Conte as Padulo aka Salassolio
- Silvano Tranquilli as Gianni Viviani
- Carlo Alighiero as Commissioner Nicastro
- Martine Brochard as Maria
- Chris Avram as Commissioner Del Buono
- Lia Tanzi as the prostitute
- Antonio Casale as Casardi
- Luciano Rossi as Cruciani
The Violent Professionals was released in Italy on August 22, 1973 where it was distributed by Interfilm. It was a box office hit in Italy where it grossed a total of 1,162,424,000 Italian lire.
- Curti 2013, p. 102.