Mike Doyle (comedian)
Mike Doyle is a British comedian, vocalist and broadcaster from Carmarthen, Wales, but is now based in nearby Bridgend. Doyle made his debut television back in 1988, winning the BBC One talent show Opportunity Knocks.
Mike has done many pantomimes and standup comedy shows including his very own televised series "The Mike Doyle Show" which aired on HTV (ITV Wales) in 2002. Mike has worked for BBC Radio Wales, 106.3 Bridge FM, 102.1 Swansea Bay Radio, Radio Carmarthenshire and Radio Pembrokeshire. He’s currently the voice of the Trade Centre Wales radio adverts heard on most commercial stations across Wales.
Mike has also presented a televised gameshow called The Lyrics Game for the BBC back in 2004.
In 2010, Mike released a single entitled What Colour is the Wind? to help raise money for Cardiff Institute for the Blind.
- Allen, Gavin (2009) "Twenty years of panto with Mike Doyle", South Wales Echo, 24 December 2009, retrieved 2010-01-24
- Williams, Tryst (2003) "Doyle says thanks for the memories and the career", Western Mail, 30 December 2003, retrieved 2010-01-24
- "High Notes and Humour", Chester Chronicle, 26 August 2005, retrieved 2010-01-24
- WelshStars.co.uk, Retrieved 3 March 2010
- Blanket Communications Archived 8 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine, retrieved 3 March 2010