Mickey Virus is 2013 Bollywood comedy thriller, written & directed by Saurabh Varma. Mickey Virus is produced by DAR Motion Pictures in association with Trilogic Digital Media Limited & Awesome Films Pvt. Ltd. The film features Manish Paul, Elli Avram, Manish Choudhary, Puja Gupta, and Varun Badola as main characters. The film, despite being a box-office failure, received positive reviews from critics.
|Directed by||Saurabh Varma|
|Produced by||Arun Rangachari|
|Screenplay by||Saurabh Varma|
|Story by||Saurabh Varma|
|Music by||Shanu Kumar Brahma.|
|Edited by||Archit D Rastogi , Finn George Modathara|
|Budget||₹110 million (US$1.6 million)|
When two Hackers were murdered in Delhi, Delhi Police suspects that the case revolves around hacking, they begin their search to find a computer hacker who can help them crack this case. The head of the police team ACP Siddhanth (Manish Choudhary) accompanied by Inspector Bhalla (Varun Badola), stumbles across Mickey Arora (Manish Paul), a lazy but smart hacker who runs a grocery store in day time and creates viruses for anti-virus companies in the night along with his friends tomboy Chutney (Puja Gupta), Floppy, Pancho and Professor (Nitesh Pandey) who always helps him out in all odd jobs. ACP Siddhanth hires him to hack down the website of a group of cybercriminals known as Bhram Gang. Meanwhile, Mickey falls in love with Kamayani (Elli Avram) an employee of Excalibur Securities. One day in her office Kamayani wrongly transferred a big amount from a client's account but to avoid her from being fired Mickey hacks the company's website to reverse the transaction. Only the next morning Micky came to know that he has unknowingly stolen 100 crore rupees from a Dubai-based don and Kamayani has been murdered. Scared of being framed for both the crimes Mickey seeks help from his friends. In the quest to search for the real culprit Mickey traced down 100 crore rupees and finds out that ACP Siddhanth is the mastermind who forced Kamayani to bluff him. Mickey calls ACP and his friends to the parking lot of Nehru Place where ACP tells him that his friends Floppy, Pancho and Professor are the Bhram Gang admins and want to kill him for the money as they did to the two hackers and Kamayani. Surrounded by all the goons Mickey records and telecasts their confession on YouTube. In the end, Inspector Bhalla, along with police force, arrests ACP Siddhanth and the Bhram Gang. Mickey secretly takes one crore from the stolen 100 crores before handing it over to Inspector Bhalla. Credits roll to show few deleted scenes and bloopers.
- Written & Directed by: Saurabh Varma
- Screenplay: Saurabh Varma
- Script Consultant: Kuldeep Ruhil
- Producers : Arun Rangachari & Vivek Rangachari
- Co-Producers : Kamlesh Gori, Murad Khetani, Vishal Gurnani, Nailesh Mehta, Dharmesh Shah & Raj Deshpande
- Associate Producers : Pradeep Nimani & Murli Chhatwani
- Music, Lyrics & Background : Hanif Shaikh
- Title Song : Faizan – Agnel
- Director of Photography : Anshuman Mahalay
- Executive Producer: Meraj Shaikh
- Creative Producer: Nikhil Bhat
- Editor: Archit D. Rastogi
- Audiography: Subash Sahoo
- Assistant Director : Raghav Gupta
The film was shot in New Delhi, including in office complex of Nehru Place. Several Bollywood biggies like Salman Khan, Madhuri Dixit, Ranbir Kapoor, Anil Kapoor and Karan Johar featured in a promotional video of Mickey Virus. The movie has come under the scanner of Governmental Agencies as it displays techniques of high-profile robbery which might spur reel to real life robbery incidents. Elli Avram is also one of the contestants of Bigg Boss 7. She would be inside the House of Bigg Boss, cut off from the outside world at the time of Movie Release, making it a first of its kind Bollywood Debut. Mickey Virus is made on a budget of Rs.11 crore, which includes publicity and advertising, and it was released in 1,200 screens in India. Chances are that the film will be remade in Tamil and Telugu.
|Soundtrack album by |
Faizan Hussain – Agnel Roman
|Released||3 October 2013|
DAR Motion Pictures
|Hanif Shaikh chronology|
|Faizan Hussain – Agnel Roman chronology|
The Soundtrack was released on 3 October 2013 on the digital music platform iTunes. The album consists of six track with five of them composed by Hanif Shaikh and the only one of them by Faizan Hussain & Agnel Roman while Hanif Shaikh, Manoj Yadav and Arun Kumar writing the lyrics.
|1.||"Pyaar China Ka Maal Hai"||Hanif Shaikh||Hanif Shaikh||Manish Paul||3:14|
|2.||"Tose Naina"||Hanif Shaikh||Hanif Shaikh||Arijit Singh||4:24|
|3.||"Sajna Ve Sajna Ve"||Manoj Yadav||Hanif Shaikh||Altamash Faridi & Shadab Faridi||3:59|
|4.||"Aankhon Hi Aankhon Ne (Duet Version)"||Hanif Shaikh||Hanif Shaikh||Mohit Chauhan & Palak Muchhal||4:40|
|5.||"Mickey Virus"||Arun Kumar||Faizan Hussain & Agnel Roman||Nikhil Paul George, Siddhant Sharma & Agnel Roman||3:50|
|6.||"Aankhon Hi Aankhon Ne (Female Version)"||Hanif Shaikh||Hanif Shaikh||Palak Muchhal||4:23|
Mickey Virus was promoted by Manish Paul in Bigg Boss on Colors. A promotional clip of Mickey Virus featured Salman Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Anil Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit Nene, Farah Khan, Karan Johar, Remo D'souza, Kapil Sharma, either dishing out funny one-liners or abusing Mickey. Lauren Gottlieb, Drashti Dhami, Jeetendra and Manish's TV friends Vahbbiz Dorabjee, Vivian Dsena attended the special screening of Mickey Virus.
Mickey Virus received positive to mixed reviews. Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama gave it 3 out of 5 stars and stated that Mickey Virus is a well-made, engrossing thriller that should be liked by the youngsters. Madhureeta Mukherjee of Times of India gave it 3 out of 5 stars. Mohar Basu of Koimoi gave it 2.5 out of 5 stars. Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN gave it 2 out of 5 stars and stated that the film isn't unwatchable, but at 2 hours and 15 minutes, it certainly overstays its welcome, offering little by way of laughs or thrills. Faheem Ruhani of India Today gave it 3 out of 5 stars. Saibal Chatterjee of NDTV gave it 2.5 out of 5 stars. Tushar Joshi of DNA gave it 2.5 stars. Shubhra Gupta of Indian Express gave it 2 stars. Sanjukta sharma of Livemint stated that the film is dull hacker drama with a ludicrous plot. Anupama Chopra gave it 2 stars. Zee News gave it 3.5 stars. Nikhil Arora of DesiMartini gave it 2 stars.
Mickey Virus got a 15–20% opening and collected around ₹1.65 crore (US$240,000) nett on first day. It collected ₹7.15 crore (US$1.0 million) nett in its first week and it was declared flop in box office India.
- "Box office offers potpourri of small films this Friday | NDTV Movies.com". Movies.ndtv.com. 22 October 2013. Archived from the original on 22 October 2013. Retrieved 26 October 2013.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- "Manish Paul`s movie debut 'Mickey Virus' begins shoot". Zee News.
- "Manish Paul and Barun Sobti take the big leap from TV to films – Entertainment – DNA". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "Movie review: Mickey Virus is for Manish Paul fans". Hindustan Times. 27 December 1965. Archived from the original on 27 October 2013. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- Surinder (15 March 1978). "Mickey Virus a dream come true for Manish Paul – |". India Today. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "Mickey Virus". BollywoodHungama. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "I shot my film near my father's office: Manish Paul". The Times of India. 23 July 2013. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Salman Khan and Madhuri Dixit together promote Mickey Virus". Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- "Mickey Virus Movie comes under Government Scanner". Biharprabha News. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- "Why Elli Avram chose reality show over film promotion – Times Of India". The Times of India. 17 October 2013. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "Elli Avram to debut in Bollywood while staying in House of Bigg Boss". Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- "Bollywood movie Mickey Virus shoot in Delhi – Times Of India". The Times of India. 1 March 2013. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "Manish Paul turns computer hacker for Mickey Virus | NDTV Movies.com". Movies.ndtv.com. 30 December 2012. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- Mickey Virus Dull Start Boss Goes Down. boxofficeindia.com. 26 October 2013
- "Box office offers potpourri of small films this weekend : Bollywood, News – India Today". India Today. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "Mickey Virus (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) – EP". Hanif Shaikh, Faizan Hussain & Agnel Roman. iTunes Store. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "Salman Khan, Ranbir Kapoor to promote Mickey Virus | NDTV Movies.com". Movies.ndtv.com. 17 September 2013. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "Manish Paul, Elli Avram's film gets B-Town support – Times Of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "PHOTOS: Lauren, Drashti Dhami watch Manish Paul's 'Mickey Virus' Photo Gallery, Picture News Gallery". The Indian Express. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "'Mickey Virus' Special Screening: Lauren Gottlieb, Jeetendra, Dhristi and Others Attend Event [PHOTOS] – International Business Times". Ibtimes.co.in. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- Hemmady, Jaidev. "Mickey Virus – Movie Review". MovieTalkies. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "Mickey Virus (2013) | Hindi Movie Critic Review By Taran Adarsh". Bollywood Hungama. 28 June 2012. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "Mickey Virus movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer at Times of India". The Times of India. 1 January 1970. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- Mohar Basu. "Mickey Virus Movie Review | Manish Paul, Elli Avram". Koimoi.com. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "'Mickey Virus' review: It's a concept in search of a plot". Ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "Movie review: Mickey Virus : Reviews, News – India Today". India Today. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "Mickey Virus movie review | NDTV Movies.com". Movies.ndtv.com. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "Film review: Mickey Virus loses direction due to a weak script – Entertainment – DNA". Daily News and Analysis. 25 October 2013.
- Shubhra Gupta (25 October 2013). "Movie Review: 'Mickey Virus'". The Indian Express.
- "Film Review | Mickey Virus". Livemint. 16 October 2013. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "Movie review: Mickey Virus by Anupama Chopra" Archived 27 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Hindustan Times. 27 October 2013
- "`Mickey Virus` review: Cool, crisp and quirky". Zee News.
- Nikhil Arora (25 October 2013). "Mickey Virus Review – By Nikhil Arora | MJ Film Review – Desimartini.com". Desimartini.
- "MICKEY VIRUS Collects 1.65 cr Nett On Friday". Box Office Capsule. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "MICKEY VIRUS Finished Below Average Week one". Box Office Capsule. Retrieved 1 November 2013.