Micket Creek, Northern Territory
|Population||0 (2016 census)|
|Established||29 October 1997|
|Time zone||ACST (UTC+9:30)|
|Location||12 km (7 mi) E of Darwin|
Micket Creek consists of land located on the south coast of Shoal Bay. It is named after Micket Creek, which is a stream flowing through the locality into Shoal Bay and whose name first appears in 1869 in the records associated with the survey of what is now the Darwin hinterland overseen by George Goyder, the Surveyor-General of South Australia. Its boundaries and name were gazetted on 29 October 1997.
The locality contains the Micket Creek Shooting Complex, a facility opened in 1997 to accommodate the needs of four Darwin-based shooting organisations and which is operated by the NT Firearms Council under lease from the Northern Territory Government.
The 2016 Australian census which was conducted in August 2016 reports that Micket Creek had no people living within its boundaries.
- "Place Names Register Extract for Micket Creek". NT Place Names Register. Northern Territory Government. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Micket Creek (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- Palmer, M.J. (29 October 1997). "Place Names Act, NAMING OF PUBLIC PLACE" (PDF). Northern Territory Government Gazette. Northern Territory Government. pp. 7–9. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
the localities shown on the plan appearing in the schedule be named Acacia Hills, Bees Creek, Berry Springs, Black Jungle, Blackmore, Coolalinga, Daly, Darwin River, Fly Creek, Freds Pass, Girraween, Holtze, Howard Springs, Hughes, Humpty Doo, Knuckey Lagoon, Lambells Lagoon, Livingstone, Lloyd Creek, Manton, McMinns Lagoon, Micket Creek, Middle Point, Noonamah, Southport, Tumbling Waters and Virginia
- "Micket Creek Postcode". postcode-finders.com.au. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- "Division of Nelson". Northern Territory Electoral Commission. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- "Federal electoral division of Lingiari". Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- "Monthly climate statistics: Summary statistics DARWIN AIRPORT (nearest weather station)". Commonwealth of Australia , Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "Micket Creek". NT Atlas and Spatial Data Directory. Northern Territory Government. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- "Litchfield Municipality Localities (map)" (PDF). Northern Territory Government. 29 October 1997. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- "Mickett Creek Complex". NT Firearms Council. Retrieved 15 May 2019.