Michelle Borth (born August 19, 1978) is an American actress who has portrayed characters on The Forgotten and the HBO series Tell Me You Love Me. Borth plays Catherine Rollins on the CBS crime-drama Hawaii Five-0.
Borth at the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival premiere of A Good Old Fashioned Orgy
|Alma mater||Pace University|
Early life and education
Borth was born and grew up in New York City. Her mother is of Italian origin, and owns a home improvement business. She has two younger brothers.
She aspired to become a gymnast in youth but after getting in trouble over drugs, she discovered acting at a camp. She matriculated at Pace University, receiving a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theater and Art History in 2001.
Borth's previous credits include the films Wonderland, Trespassers, The Sisterhood, Silent Warnings, Rampage: The Hillside Strangler Murders, and Komodo vs. Cobra; and guest appearances on the Supernatural episode "What Is and What Should Never Be" and the Law & Order: SVU episode "Trade". She also appeared in Burger King's "Lunch Break" advertising campaign. She was also featured in John Mayer's "Bigger Than My Body" video.
In 2008, she wrapped the independent film TiMER with Emma Caulfield and Desmond Harrington, and appeared in the Endgame Productions comedy film, A Good Old Fashioned Orgy with Leslie Bibb, Lake Bell, and Jason Sudeikis. In 2009, she was a cast member of ABC's The Forgotten, appearing in 17 episodes, including part of the 2010 season. In 2010, she also guest starred on the TNT TV series Dark Blue double-episode season finale.
In 2010 Borth appeared in the 2010 version of Hawaii Five-0 on CBS where she appeared as on and off Steve McGarrett's girlfriend, Lt. Catherine Rollins, a Navy Lieutenant. On March 26, 2012, CBS announced that Borth would become a cast regular on Hawaii Five-0 for seasons 3 & 4. On March 27, 2014, it was announced that she would not be returning for the fifth season, with the reason for her departure left unknown. However, she would return in the show's 5th-season finale as a guest star. In July 2015 it was announced that Borth would have a recurring role in the first three episodes of the show’s 6th season. On September 8, 2016 it was announced that Borth would be returning as a guest for the show's 150th episode. On March 19, 2018 it was announced that Borth would once again be returning to the series as a guest star for the 8th season's twentieth episode. She will return again for the eleventh episode of season nine.
She also starred as Canadian Forces surgeon Major Rebecca Gordon on Global's new Canadian Drama Combat Hospital which was cancelled after its first season.
|2002||In Your Face||Brittany Jarvis|
|2003||Silent Warnings||Katrina Munro||Direct-to-video film|
|2004||The Sisterhood||Devin Sinclair||Direct-to-video film|
|2006||Rampage: The Hillside Strangler Murders||Nicole||Direct-to-video film|
|2007||Lucky You||Girlfriend of Josh Cohen|
|2011||A Good Old Fashioned Orgy||Sue Plummer|
|2013||Easy Rider: The Ride Back||Vanessa Monteague|
|2016||Teenage Cocktail||Lynn Fenton|
|2019||Shazam!||Super Hero Mary|
|2002||Off Centre||Carly||Episode: "P.P. Doc II: The Examination Continues"|
|2004||Center of the Universe||Peggy||Episode: "And the Silver Medal Goes To..."|
|2005||Komodo vs. Cobra||Dr. Susan Richardson||Television film|
|2005||Freddie||Nikki||Episode: "After Hours"|
|2007||Supernatural||Carmen Porter||Episode: "What Is and What Should Never Be"|
|2007||Tell Me You Love Me||Jamie||Main role|
|2008||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Avery Hemmings||Episode: "Trade"|
|2008||The Cleaner||Lisa||Episode: "Back to One"|
|2009–2010||The Forgotten||Candace Butler||Main role|
|2010||Matadors||Juliana Lodari||Television film|
|2010||Dark Blue||Sharon Perry||Episodes: "Personal Effects", "Dead Flowers"|
|2010–16, 2018–19||Hawaii Five-0||Lt. Catherine Rollins||Recurring role (seasons 1, 6); main role (seasons 3–4); guest role (seasons 2, 5, 7–9)|
|2011||Combat Hospital||Maj. Rebecca Gordon||Main role|
|2018||Devious Nanny||Elise||Television film; also known as The Au Pair|
- "About Last Night". film.com. 2007-10-29. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Michelle Borth, 'Tell Me You Love Me' actress: Mr. Media Interview". By Bob Andelman. January 5, 2008. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- Gerri Miller (June 20, 2011). "Michelle Borth: 'I'm totally the sex scene whisperer'". MadeMan.com. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- Lopes, Tiffany. "Stars of Pace: TV", The Pulse (Pace University weekly newsletter), August 6, 2012. Retrieved November 27, 2017
- Anderson, John. "Review: "A Good Old-Fashioned Orgy"". variety.com. Retrieved May 30, 2013.
- CBS official Hawaii Five-0 website with Season 3 reference Archived 2012-03-30 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 2012-03-26
- Megan Masters (March 26, 2012). "TVLine Items: Hawaii Five-0 Promotes McGarrett's Gal Pal, Margo Martindale Suits Up and More!". TVLine. Retrieved May 5, 2012.
- Michael Ausiello (March 27, 2014). "Hawaii Five-0 Exclusive: Michelle Borth to Exit". TVLine.com. Retrieved March 30, 2014.
- Vanessa Frith (July 17, 2015). "'Hawaii Five-0' Season 6: Catherine Rollins Gone By Episode 3? Showrunner Teases McRollins' Future". Enstarz.com. Retrieved August 13, 2017.
- Matt Webb Mitovich (September 6, 2017). "Hawaii Five-0 First Look: Catherine Rejoins the Team for Episode 150". tvline.com. Retrieved August 13, 2017.
- Abrams, Natalie (March 19, 2018). "Hawaii Five-0 first look: Michelle Borth returns in Romancing the Stone-esque hour". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved March 21, 2018.
- "'Combat Hospital' Is Cancelled". December 19, 2011. Retrieved May 5, 2012.
- Webb Mitovich, Matt (December 4, 2018). "Hawaii Five-0's Catherine Returns: Get Details on Michelle Borth's Latest Visit". TV Line. Retrieved December 7, 2018.
- Lawrence, Britt (December 5, 2018). "Hawaii Five-0 Is Bringing Michelle Borth's Catherine Back For A Wild Episode". Cinema Blend. Retrieved December 7, 2018.
- "Love in the time of Therapy: HBO's Tell Me You Love Me series aired Sunday. Michelle Borth bares body and soul..." nylonmag.com. 2007-09-11. Archived from the original on 2008-04-23. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- Justin Monroe. "Michelle Borth, star of HBO's Tell Me You Love Me, schools Complex on the anatomy of a sex scene". Complex magazine. Archived from the original on 2008-07-31. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- Peter Martin (2008-05-14). "Michelle Borth Joins 'Old Fashioned Orgy'". cinematical.com. Retrieved 2008-10-03.