Michele Theresa Imperial Gumabao (born September 2, 1992) is an American-born Filipino volleyball player, TV personality and beauty queen. She was a co-captain of the De La Salle University women's volleyball team, the Lady Spikers, in 2012-2013. She is the camp director of the Alaska Volleyball Powercamp and in 2018, she was crowned as Miss Globe Philippines during the Binibining Pilipinas beauty contest.
|Full name||Michele Theresa Imperial Gumabao|
|Born||September 2, 1992|
San Mateo, California, United States
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||63 kg (139 lb)|
|College(s)||De La Salle University|
|Current club||Creamline Cool Smashers|
Gumabao was born in San Mateo, California, on September 2, 1992. She studied in School of the Holy Spirit of Quezon City before going to De La Salle University, where she was a consistent Dean's Lister. In October 2013, Gumabao graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in marketing management.
Gumabao was a member of the women's volleyball team of De La Salle University for four years (2010-2013), during which the team won three consecutive championship titles in the UAAP. She was two-time Best Blocker in seasons 73 and 74 and the Finals Most Valuable Player in season 75. Gumabao did not play in her final year of eligibility in the UAAP after her graduation.
In 2013, she played in the Philippine Super Liga for the PCSO Bingo Milyonaryo Puffins. In 2014, she joined the AirAsia Flying Spikers for the 2014 All-Filipino Conference. Gumabao did not play at the start of the tournament because she joined the Pinoy Big Brother show. After her eviction from Pinoy Big Brother: All-In on June 22, 2014, Gumabao resumed playing for AirAsia, helping the team to a fourth-place finish in the tournament. In the 2014 Philippine Super Liga Grand Prix Conference, she played for the Generika Lifesavers, which took over the AirAsia team. For the 2015 Philippine Super Liga season, she joined the Philips Gold Lady Slammers (later known as the Pocari Sweat Lady Warriors), where she was named team captain.
In January 11, 2017, Gumabao announced her departure from the Pocari Sweat franchise following her decision not to renew her contract due to a falling out with the team management. A week later, she joined the new volleyball team United VC for their participation in the 2017 season of the PSL.
Gumabao joined Creamline Cool Smashers in March 2018 for the Premier Volleyball League alongside with Alyssa Valdez, Jia Morado and her former college teammate, Mel Gohing. In July 2018, the team won its first PVL championship in the Reinforced Conference and in December, the team won the Premier Volleyball League Open Conference.
- UAAP Season 73 "Best Blocker"
- UAAP Season 74 "Best Blocker"
- UAAP Season 75 "Finals Most Valuable Player"
- 2015 Philippine Super Liga All-Filipino "Best Opposite Spiker"
- 2015 Philippine Super Liga Grand Prix "1st Best Opposite Spiker"
- Shakey's V-League 13th Season Open Conference "Best Opposite Spiker"
- Shakey's V-League 13th Season Reinforced Conference "Best Opposite Spiker"
- Shakey's V-League 13th Season Reinforced Conference "Finals Most Valuable Player"
- 2018 Premier Volleyball League Reinforced Conference "Best Opposite Spiker"
Michele Theresa Gumabao
Michele Theresa Gumabao
September 2, 1992
|Education||De La Salle University|
|Title||Binibining Pilipinas Globe 2018|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Binibining Pilipinas 2018|
(Winner-Binibining Pilipinas Globe 2018)
Miss Globe 2018 (Top 15)
Gumabao plans on pursuing a career in Marketing or television hosting.
In 2013, she served as a Shakey's V-League analyst. On March 17, 2013, she appeared on ABS-CBN's talk show, Gandang Gabi Vice with her teammate, Mika Reyes and two members of their rival school's team, the Lady Eagles, Fille Cainglet and Gretchen Ho. On March 20, 2013, she also appeared on ABS-CBN's gag show, Banana Nite in the segment Ihaw Na!. She participated in ABS-CBN's Kapamilya All-Star Volleyball Game which was held on October 6, 2013. The event is part of the network's 60th anniversary celebration. In 2014, she became a Star Magic talent.
On January 16, 2018, it was confirmed that Gumabao will be competing at the Binibining Pilipinas 2018 pageant.
She represented the Philippines in the Miss Globe 2018 pageant. Gumabao won the Miss Social Media and Dream Girl awards while finishing at the top 15.
She has endorsed the sanitary napkin brand, Modess and she also endorses Toby's Sports, one the Philippines sports retail establishments, along with basketball player James Yap and Azkals goalkeeper, Neil Etheridge.
|2013||Shakey's V-League (Season 10)||GMA News TV||Analyst (Open Conference)|
|Sports Pilipinas||GMA News TV||Contributor|
|2014||Sports Pilipinas||GMA News TV||Contributor|
|Pinoy Big Brother: All In||ABS-CBN||Housemate|
|2016||NCAA Season 91: volleyball tournament||ABS-CBN Sports+Action||Analyst|
- "Michelethere Imperial Gumabao". FamilySearch. November 27, 2014. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- Icamen, Pinky s. (June 9, 2013). "Michele Gumabao - Belle of the ball". The Philippine Star. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- Zarate, Noel (March 20, 2013). "Michele Gumabao: the reluctant volleybelle". Yahoo! Sorts. sportZtackle. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- Jerusalem, Dan (June 11, 2013). "Gumabao relinquishes last UAAP season". The LaSallian. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- Terrado, Reuben (March 6, 2013). "Finals MVP plum pleasant surprise for Gumabao". Spin. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- Jugado, Michael Angelo (May 17, 2013). "Gumabao won't play in the UAAP anymore, but." Rappler. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- Lozada, Mei-Lin (July 12, 2013). "Gumabao big as PCSO hits jackpot at last". Spin. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- "Petron takes NU star with top pick in Superliga draft". ABS-CBN. Manila, Philippines. April 2, 2014. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- Quintos, Patrick (June 23, 2014). "Jayme, Michele evicted from 'PBB'". ABS-CBN. Manila, Philippines. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- Reyes, Marc Anthony (July 14, 2014). "AirAsia, PLDT gain PSL Final Four". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Manila, Philippines. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- Lozada, Mei-Lin (November 26, 2014). "Generika gets big boost in morale ahead of semis with win over top seed Petron". Spin. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- Escarlote, Mark (March 18, 2015). "PSL Team Preview: Philips Gold Lady Slammers". ABS-CBN. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- Rola, Alyssa (January 11, 2017). "Michele Gumabao announces Pocari Sweat exit". Rappler. Retrieved September 8, 2017.
- Lozada, Mei-Lin (January 17, 2017). "College rivals Michele Gumabao, Denden Lazaro team up for new PSL club United VC". Spin. Retrieved September 8, 2017.
- Corp, ABS-CBN. "Gumabao confirms clearance to suit up for Creamline". ABS-CBN SPORTS. Retrieved July 4, 2019.
- Lozada, Bong. "Creamline sweeps Ateneo for PVL Open Conference title". sports.inquirer.net. Retrieved July 4, 2019.
- "Creamline smashes way to first PVL crown". philstar.com. Retrieved July 4, 2019.
- Badua, Snow (January 29, 2016). "Gumabao, Macatangay bring winning mentality to Lady Falcons as assistant coaches". Spin. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- Villanueva, Kristina (September 29, 2013). "Michele graces Sports Digest October cover". Tempo. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- "Lady Eagles, Lady Spikers guest on 'GGV'". ABS-CBN News. May 28, 2013. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- "GGV Pics of Fille Cainglet Gretchen Ho, Michelle Gumabao and Yeye". Ballers Pinas. March 13, 2013. Retrieved January 12, 2008.
- "La Salle's Michelle Gumabao grilled on 'Ihaw Na!'". ABS-CBN News. March 21, 2013. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- "WATCH: Gumabao, Ho at All-Star Volleyball game". ABS-CBN News. October 7, 2013. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- "Meet the new housemates of 'Pinoy Big Brother'". ABS-CBN News. April 27, 2014. Retrieved April 29, 2014.
- "FULL LIST: Official Top 40 candidates of Bb. Pilipinas 2018". ABS-CBNnews.com. January 16, 2018.
- "Michele Gumabao to represent PH in Miss Globe 2018".
- "PVL: Gumabao bags two special awards, top 15 in Miss Globe". ABS-CBN Sports. October 22, 2018. Retrieved October 22, 2018.
- Zarate, Noel (May 17, 2013). "Volleybelles now endorsers: their time has finally come". Yahoo! News. Retrieved April 29, 2014.
- Zarate, Noel (September 25, 2013). "Michele Gumabao bares all: the story behind the controversial "nude" photos". Yahoo! News. Retrieved April 29, 2014.
- Badua, Snow (January 29, 2016). "Gumabao, Macatangay bring winning mentality to Lady Falcons as assistant coaches". Spin. Retrieved March 20, 2018.
|Awards and achievements|
| UAAP Women's Volleyball Finals MVP
| Binibining Pilipinas-Globe