Michael Ole Phillipson Gover (31 August 1913 – 2 May 1987) was an English actor best known for his portrayal of Arthur Russell in the BBC television series Survivors. He started acting late in life after failing in his dream of being an astronaut, and first appeared in an episode of The Avengers Man in the Mirror in 1963 as "One Six". He returned to the show two episodes later, in the same role.
|Born||31 August 1913|
|Died||2 May 1987 73) (aged|
|1967||The Magnificent Two||Doctor Pablo|
|1968||The Strange Affair||Det. Chief Supt.|
|1969||The Assassination Bureau||Venice Hotel Manager||Uncredited|
|1969||Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed||Guest - Reading newspaper|
|1971||A Clockwork Orange||Prison Governor|
|1974||11 Harrowhouse||Doctor on Plane|
|1978||Superman||6th Elder||(Krypton Council)|
- "BFI Screenonline: Survivors (1975-77) Credits". www.screenonline.org.uk.
- "The Avengers : Series 2 : Man in the Mirror : cast". www.dissolute.com.au.
- Cornell, Paul; Day, Martin; Topping, Keith (October 31, 2013). "The Avengers Dossier". Orion – via Google Books.
- "Michael Gover". www.aveleyman.com.
- "Michael Gover". BFI.
- "Michael Gover | Movies and Filmography". AllMovie.
- Michael Gover on IMDb
- Website connected to Equity - Actors Union in Great Britain. Mentions Govers full name - Just scroll down the alphabetical list until you find the name. Its alphabetical by the actors first name so look for "Michael"
- Shows death year. Govers name is the next to last from the bottom.