Michael Doughty (Australian footballer)
Michael Doughty (born 5 August 1979) is an Australian rules footballer who played for the Adelaide Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL) between 2000 and 2012. He is now playing for Reynella Football Club in the Southern Football League, where he played junior football.
|Full name||Michael Doughty|
|Date of birth||5 August 1979|
|Place of birth||Adelaide, Australia|
|Original team(s)||South Adelaide (SANFL)|
4th overall, 1999 Rookie Draft (Elevated 2000)|
|Height||178 cm (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (176 lb)|
|Position(s)||Midfield / Defence|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2012.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Originally from South Adelaide Football Club in the South Australian National Football League (SANFL), Doughty was drafted by Adelaide with their first choice (fourth overall) at the 1999 Rookie Draft and elevated to Adelaide's senior list in 2000 when he made his senior AFL debut.
Known as a solid utility player, Doughty has most often used as a midfielder, tagger or a small defender. Doughty played his 150th game in round 8, 2009 and his 200th game in Round 15, 2011. Adelaide defeated Sydney by seven points to end a record-equalling six-match losing streak in this match. He retired at the end of the 2012 season, having played in 24 of Adelaide's 25 matches, only missing one game when his wife Sara gave birth to his son, Max. He joined sports management company Elite Sports Properties as a player manager after retiring as a player.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Schultz, Duane (2 November 2012). "Ex-Adelaide Crow Michael Doughty signs with Reynella". The Messenger.
- Rucci, Michelangelo (23 September 2012). "Crow's Michael Doughty moving from onfield role to become a player manager". adelaidenow.
- "Michael Doughty statistics". AFL Tables. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- "Michael Doughty of the Adelaide Crows Career AFL Stats". Retrieved 27 October 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Michael Doughty (Australian footballer).|
- Michael Doughty's playing statistics from AFL Tables