Michael Braun (footballer)
|Full name||Michael Braun|
|Date of birth||24 March 1978|
|Original team(s)||Echuca United / Bendigo U18|
|Height||175 cm (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||75 kg (165 lb)|
|1997–2008||West Coast||228 (66)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2008.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Braun announced his AFL retirement midway through the 2008 AFL season, effective at the end of the season.
- Runner-up in the Bendigo Pioneers best and fairest in 1996, and represented Victoria Country in the championships.
- Runner-up in the club champion award 1999
- Best Clubman in 2003
- Member of the International Rules team in 2004
- Member of the West Coast Eagles 2006 premiership team
In 2007, he ended his acceptance speech for the Ross Glendinning Medal with "Let's have a fucking good year" on live television and in front of a crowd of 42,000 at Subiaco Oval. The Eagles originally fined him $500, but the AFL stepped in, severely reprimanded the Eagles and fined him a further $5,000 for the blunder. It was also the same match in which teammate Adam Selwood was involved in an altercation with Fremantle's Des Headland.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
Michael married his long-time girlfriend Bree in November 2007 and they have a son called Noah born in October 2008. They now also have a girl called Logan.
- "Michael Braun Ross Glendenning Medal Speach [sic]". YouTube. YouTube. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- Braun warns Freo of brutal assault : thewest.com.au Archived 17 November 2007 at Archive.today
- Michael Braun's player profile at AFL Tables
- MICHAEL BRAUN VISITS UNIVERSAL BAR - EatingWA Articles Archived 30 June 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- Michael Braun Visits Riverbank Estate - Eatingwa Articles Archived 6 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Michael Braun's playing statistics from AFL Tables