|Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Play|
Aronov spent three seasons on the award winning series The Americans playing a physicist who is torn from his family and exiled as a political prisoner. In 2017 The Blacklist brought him on as a new member to the show's cast, playing Smokey Putnum, the lovable hustler and sidekick to James Spader. Aronov was also recurring as right-hand-man to John Malkovich in Showtime's Billions. Aronov is currently playing one of the leads in a new series for Cinemax called Jett and was recently seen opposite Ben Kingsley and Oscar Isaac on the big screen in Operation Finale. Aronov
In film, Aronov is known for his role as Chovka, the Chechen warlord and head gangster opposite Tom Hardy and James Gandolfini in The Drop (2014). Other films include Lbs., Amexicano and Hedwig and the Angry Inch. The actor also played Danny Raden - a series lead opposite Larenz Tate in BET's original pilot, Gun Hill. Aronov's other television work includes Count Vincent of Naples in the series Reign, Danny Lambros on The Good Wife, Michael Cahill on Person of Interest, Ricky Vintano on Blue Bloods, billionaire Brice Hunter on Without a Trace and recurring roles on Madam Secretary and The Closer.
For his stage work Aronov received the Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Play in 2017 for his role as Uri Savir in the Broadway play Oslo. He was also honored with the Lucille Lortel Award, the Obie Award, and received Drama Desk Award and Outer Critics Circle Award nominations for Oslo. Prior to that the actor originated the role of Paul in Lyle Kessler's First Born at The Actors Studio in New York. He won "The Elliot Norton Award - Best Actor", for originating the lead role in Theresa Rebeck's Mauritius. On Broadway he appeared as Siggie, in the Tony-nominated revival of Golden Boy (2012-2013), directed by Bartlett Sher. He worked with Sher and Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts yet again, playing Gromov, in the American premiere of Blood and Gifts (2011). Aronov was also seen in his solo-show Manigma (2010, 2006), in New York City. In Europe he portrayed Stanley Kowalski in the classic A Streetcar Named Desire (2009). The actor also took on Jean in Miss Julie (2004) at the Cherry Lane Theatre, Dionysus in The Bacchae 2.1 (2001); and Edgar in an award winning production of King Lear (1999).
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2000-2002, TV Series) - Gorsky / Igor
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2001) - Schlatko - Band Member
- Lbs (2004) - Sacco Valenzia
- Amexicano (2007) - Alex
- Soldier's Heart (2008) - Documentary Director
- Without a Trace (2008, TV Series) - Brice Hunter
- Cold Souls (2009) - Mafioso
- The Closer (2010, TV Series, recurring) - Armand Marku
- White Collar (2010, TV Series) - Clark Maskhadov
- Blue Bloods (2010, TV Series) - Ricky Vintano
- Burn Notice (2011, TV Series) - Vlade / Serb
- Gun Hill (2011, TV Movie) - Danny Raden
- Person of Interest (2012, TV Series) - Michael Cahill
- The Good Wife (2013, TV Series) - Dominic Quinlan
- Elementary (2013, TV Series) - Andrej Bacera
- Reign (2013, TV Series) - Count Vincent
- The Drop (2014) - Chovka
- Madam Secretary (2014-2016, TV Series, recurring) - Anton Durchenko
- The Americans (2014–2016, TV Series) - Anton Baklanov
- Quantico (2015, TV Series) - Hamza Kouri
- The Blacklist (2017-2019, TV Series, recurring) - Joe 'Smokey' Putnum
- They Shall Not Perish (2017)
- Half Magic (2018) - John
- Operation Finale (2018) - Zvi Aharoni
- Jett (2019, TV Series) - Jack 'Jackie' Dillon
- Dreamland (TBA) - Minas
- "Michael Aronov wins the Tony Award from Michael Aronov". Retrieved Feb 18, 2019 – via www.imdb.com.
- "Oslo Standout Michael Aronov Wins His First Tony Award". Broadway.com. Retrieved Feb 18, 2019.
- "The Americans alum Michael Aronov wins at Tony Awards". Jun 13, 2017. Retrieved Feb 18, 2019.
- Fierberg, Ruthie (Aug 3, 2017). "Tony Winner Michael Aronov to Appear on Season Premiere of NBC's The Blacklist". Playbill. Retrieved Feb 18, 2019.
- ""Billions" Elmsley Count (TV Episode 2018)". Retrieved Feb 18, 2019 – via www.imdb.com.
- "Jett (TV Series 2019– )". Retrieved Feb 18, 2019 – via www.imdb.com.
- Gerard, Jeremy; Gerard, Jeremy (Sep 14, 2017). "'Oslo' Tony Winner Michael Aronov Joins Cast Of Eichmann Film 'Operation Finale'". Retrieved Feb 18, 2019.
- "'The Drop' Star James Gandolfini Remembered at NYC Premiere of Last Film". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved Feb 18, 2019.
- "Lbs. (2004)". Retrieved Feb 18, 2019 – via www.imdb.com.
- "Meet the Cast of Gun Hill". BET.com. Retrieved Feb 18, 2019.
- What to Stream Now. "Backstage Portraits From the 2017 Tony Awards". Vulture. Retrieved 2019-02-18.
- "Michael Aronov - Lortel Archives". www.lortel.org. Retrieved Feb 18, 2019.
- Hernandez, Ernio (May 22, 2007). "Boston's Mauritius, Miss Witherspoon Win Elliot Norton Awards". Playbill. Retrieved Feb 18, 2019.
- "Manigma | Theater | reviews, guides, things to do, film". Time Out New York. Retrieved Feb 18, 2019.