Metro Cammell Weymann
Metro Cammell Weymann (MCW) was once a major contributor in transportation manufacturing in the UK and Europe. It was established in 1932 by Weymann Motor Bodies and Metro Cammell's bus bodybuilding division to produce bus bodies.
MCW bus bodies were built in Metro-Cammell's and Weymann's factories until 1966 when Weymann's factory in Addlestone was closed (the Metro-Cammell and Weymann brand names were discontinued in the same year). From 1977 onward MCW also built bus chassis.
In 1989 the Laird group decided to sell its bus and rail divisions. No buyer for all of the subdivisions could be found so each product was sold separately to various companies interested in its assets. The Metrorider was bought by Optare who relaunched it as the MetroRider; the Metrobus design was bought by DAF (chassis) and Optare (body), who jointly reworked it into the Optare Spectra. The Metroliner design was acquired by Optare though not pursued. The Metrocab was bought by Reliant. Metro-Cammell's rail division and the Washwood Heath factory went to GEC Alsthom (now Alstom).
- London Transport RLH
- Orion series
- London Transport's DMS body built in partnership with Park Royal throughout the 1970s.
- West Midland PTE's standard bus body in the 1970s on both the Daimler/Leyland Fleetline (again built in partnership with Park Royal) and the Bristol VR.
- A generic double deck body range built in the 1970s on Leyland Atlantean and Daimler Fleetline chassis with notable customers being the Merseyside, Tyne & Wear and West Midlands PTE's.
- Metro-Scania - semi-integral single decker using Scania running units
- Metropolitan - semi-integral double decker based on Scania running units
- Metrobus - double decker
- Metroliner - single and double deck coach
- Metroliner - Semi-integral 4.23 m high double deck coach
- Metroliner 400GT - integral 4 m high double deck coach
- Metroliner - Semi-integral 3.2 m high single deck coach
- Metro Hiliner - Integral 3.4 m high single deck coach
- Metrorider - midibus
- Metrocab - London taxi cab
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Metro Cammell Weymann.|