Metia Interactive is a game development studio based in Auckland, New Zealand. They are a member of the NZGDA. Metia Interactive specialises in designing and creating game art assets, including modelling and texturing, as well as pre-rendered and realtime animations.
|Founder||Maru Nihoniho |
|Headquarters||Auckland, New Zealand|
Metia is a licensed developer for the Sony PlayStation Portable. Their PlayStation Portable title, Cube, was awarded Runner Up for Best Unsigned Game (Professional) at the Australian Game Developers Conference, 2005. Cube is being published by D3 Publisher. The game features sound and music by New Zealand electronica band, Pitch Black.
Metia also had other titles in development, the mobile phone game Takaro, which was a futuristic action game. As well as The Guardian, a sci-fi adventure game for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, which has the possibility to be the first Maori themed game for the video game console market, featuring a female Maori lead.
Games Developed by Metia Interactive
- Cube: 3D Puzzle Mayhem - PSP
- The Guardian - PS2
- SPARX - PC
- Obscure.co.nz | The New Cool Exhibition
- The Australian Game Developers Conference
- IGN: Cube Preview
- Pitch Black Turn 10. Free MP3 Download | Amplifier NZ Music
- Sidhe on form with Melbourne Cup game Archived 2007-11-07 at the Wayback Machine
- Lord of the Rings, New Zealand Film Incentives, New Zealand Film Grants Archived 2007-02-14 at the Wayback Machine