Messalina (1960 film)
Messalina (Italian: Messalina Venere imperatrice) is a 1960 Italian peplum film directed by Vittorio Cottafavi.
|Directed by||Vittorio Cottafavi|
|Produced by||Erno Bistolfi|
|Music by||Angelo Francesco Lavagnino|
Cineproduzione Erno Bistolfi
- Belinda Lee as Valeria Messalina
- Spiros Focás as Lucius Maximus
- Carlo Giustini as Lucius Geta (as Carlo Justini)
- Giancarlo Sbragia as Aulo Celso (as Gian Carlo Sbragia)
- Arturo Dominici as Gaius Lilius
- Giulio Donnini as Narcissus
- Ida Galli as Silvia
- Mino Doro as Claudius
- Giuliano Gemma as Marcellus
- Annie Gorassini as Courtisan lover of Aulo Ceso
- Lia Angeleri as Vipidia
- Aroldo Tieri as Pirgo Pollinice
- Vittorio Congia as Ortotrago
- Paola Pitagora (as Paola Gargeloni)
- Bruno Scipioni
Messalina was shot at Cinecitta Studios in Rome.
Messalina was released in Italy on 12 March 1960 with a 96 minute running time. It was released in the United States in 1962 with an 84 minute running time.
- Kinnard & Crnkovich 2017, p. 116.
- Kinnard & Crnkovich 2017, p. 117.
- Roberto Poppi, Mario Pecorari. Dizionario del cinema italiano. I film. Gremese Editore, 2007. ISBN 8884405033.
- Kinnard, Roy; Crnkovich, Tony (2017). Italian Sword and Sandal Films, 1908-1990. McFarland. ISBN 1476662916.
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.