Merrimacport United Methodist Church
|Coordinates: 42°49′40″N 70°59′18″W|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern)|
Settled in 1638, it began as a fishing village and was long a part of the section of Amesbury, Massachusetts known as West Amesbury. During the Industrial Revolution, a nearby village developed around the newly formed Merrimac square. In 1876, West Amesbury, including Merrimacport (aka: South Amesbury), split from Amesbury, incorporating itself as the town of Merrimac.
Merrimacport is divided from the rest of Merrimac by Interstate 495. It goes from the Southern Border of Amesbury to Locust Street.