Men at Birth
|Cover artist||Tessa Read|
|Publisher||Australian College of Midwives|
|Preceded by||Having a Great Birth in Australia|
|Followed by||With Women|
The book is an edited anthology of birth experiences, written by men. The experiences described are diverse, ranging from caesarean births and VBAC births, to births that take place at home and in a birth centre or labour ward.
Steve Biddulph stated:
- On a big journey into the unknown, you need people who have been there, who know the practicalities, as well as the emotions, new and strange, that go with it. This book of men telling the stories of their children's births is a gift; an unbelievable resource with more trust, honesty and helpful information than you might find in a hundred years of conversations.
- Dads at Delivery, in "Pregnancy and Birth", July/Aug 2007, p33, E-Map Publishing, Sydney, Australia
- Should Dads be in the Delivery Room? in Fairlady May 2008
- Unleashed - Men at Birth - ABC Website
- Canberra Times, 14 Dec 2007, p9