Members of the Dewan Rakyat, 12th Malaysian Parliament
This is a list of the members of the Dewan Rakyat (House of Representatives) of the 12th Parliament of Malaysia, elected in 2008.
|12th Parliament of Malaysia|
|Meeting place||Malaysian Houses of Parliament|
|Term||28 April 2008 – 3 April 2013|
|Election||2008 general election|
|Government||Third Abdullah cabinet (until 3 April 2009)|
First Najib cabinet
|Speaker||Pandikar Amin Mulia|
|Deputy Speaker||Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar|
|Prime Minister||Abdullah Ahmad Badawi (until 3 April 2009)|
|Leader of the Opposition||Wan Azizah Wan Ismail (until 28 August 2008)|
|Party control||Barisan Nasional|
|Yang di-Pertuan Agong||Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin (until 12 December 2011)|
Tuanku Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
This is the seating arrangement as of its last meeting on 29 November 2012. In addition, there were a seat that is labelled as VACANT, namely Titiwangsa. The seats vacancy is due to the death of the incumbent Member of Parliament (MP) for the constituency, which happened on 17 July 2011 respectively.
Elected members by state
Unless noted otherwise, the MPs served the entire term of the parliament (from 28 April 2008 until 3 April 2013).
|P001||Padang Besar||Azmi Khalid||BN (UMNO)|
|P002||Kangar||Mohd Radzi Sheikh Ahmad||BN (UMNO)|
|P003||Arau||Ismail Kassim||BN (UMNO)|
|PAS 6 | BN 4 | PKR 3 | IND 2|
|P004||Langkawi||Abu Bakar Taib||BN (UMNO)|
|P005||Jerlun||Mukhriz Mahathir||BN (UMNO)|
|P006||Kubang Pasu||Mohd Johari Baharum||BN (UMNO)|
|P007||Padang Terap||Mohd Nasir Zakaria||PR (PAS)|
|P008||Pokok Sena||Mahfuz Omar||PR (PAS)|
|P009||Alor Star||Chor Chee Heung||BN (MCA)|
|P010||Kuala Kedah||Ahmad Kassim||PR (PKR)|
|P011||Pendang||Mohd Hayati Othman||PR (PAS)|
|P012||Jerai||Mohd Firdaus Jaafar||PR (PAS)|
|P013||Sik||Che Uda Che Nik||PR (PAS)|
|P014||Merbok||Rashid Din||PR (PKR)|
|P015||Sungai Petani||Johari Abdul||PR (PKR)|
|P016||Baling||Taib Azamudden Md Taib||PR (PAS)|
|P017||Padang Serai||N Gobalakrishnan||IND|
|P018||Kulim-Bandar Baharu||Zulkifli Nordin||IND|
|PAS 8 | PKR 3 | BN 2 | IND 1|
|P019||Tumpat||Kamarudin Jaffar||PR (PAS)|
|P020||Pengkalan Chepa||Abdul Halim Abdul Rahman||PR (PAS)|
|P021||Kota Bharu||Wan Abdul Rahim Wan Abdullah||PR (PAS)|
|P022||Pasir Mas||Ibrahim Ali||IND|
|P023||Rantau Panjang||Siti Zailah Mohd Yusoff||PR (PAS)|
|P024||Kubang Kerian||Salahuddin Ayub||PR (PAS)|
|P025||Bachok||Nasharudin Mat Isa||PR (PAS)|
|P026||Ketereh||Abdul Aziz Abdul Kadir||PR (PKR)|
|P027||Tanah Merah||Amran Ab Ghani||PR (PKR)|
|P028||Pasir Puteh||Muhammad Husin||PR (PAS)|
|P029||Machang||Saifuddin Nasution Ismail||PR (PKR)|
|P030||Jeli||Mustapa Mohamed||BN (UMNO)|
|P031||Kuala Krai||Mohd Hatta Ramli||PR (PAS)|
|P032||Gua Musang||Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah||BN (UMNO)|
|BN 6 | PAS 2|
|P033||Besut||Abdullah Md Zin||BN (UMNO)|
|P034||Setiu||Mohd Jidin Shafee||BN (UMNO)|
|P035||Kuala Nerus||Mohd Nasir Ibrahim Fikri||BN (UMNO)|
|P036||Kuala Terengganu||Mohd Abdul Wahid Endut from 17 January 2009||PR (PAS)|
|Razali Ismail until 28 November 2008||BN (UMNO)|
|P037||Marang||Abdul Hadi Awang||PR (PAS)|
|P038||Hulu Terengganu||Mohd Nor Othman||BN (UMNO)|
|P039||Dungun||Matulidi Jusoh||BN (UMNO)|
|P040||Kemaman||Ahmad Shabery Cheek||BN (UMNO)|
|DAP 7 | BN 2 | PKR 2 | IND 2|
|P041||Kepala Batas||Abdullah Ahmad Badawi||BN (UMNO)|
|P042||Tasek Gelugor||Nor Mohamed Yakcop||BN (UMNO)|
|P043||Bagan||Lim Guan Eng||PR (DAP)|
|P044||Permatang Pauh||Anwar Ibrahim from 26 August 2008||PR (PKR)|
|Wan Azizah Wan Ismail until 31 July 2008||PR (PKR)|
|P045||Bukit Mertajam||Chong Eng||PR (DAP)|
|P046||Batu Kawan||Ramasamy Palanisamy||PR (DAP)|
|P047||Nibong Tebal||Tan Tee Beng||IND|
|P048||Bukit Bendera||Liew Chin Tong||PR (DAP)|
|P049||Tanjong||Chow Kon Yeow||PR (DAP)|
|P050||Jelutong||Jeff Ooi Chuan Aun||PR (DAP)|
|P051||Bukit Gelugor||Karpal Singh Ram Singh||PR (DAP)|
|P052||Bayan Baru||Zahrain Mohamed Hashim||IND|
|P053||Balik Pulau||Mohd Yusmadi Mohd Yusoff||PR (PKR)|
|BN 12 | PKR 2|
|P078||Cameron Highlands||Devamany S. Krishnasamy||BN (MIC)|
|P079||Lipis||Mohamad Shahrum Osman||BN (UMNO)|
|P080||Raub||Ng Yen Yen||BN (MCA)|
|P081||Jerantut||Tengku Azlan Sultan Abu Bakar||BN (UMNO)|
|P082||Indera Mahkota||Azan Ismail||PR (PKR)|
|P083||Kuantan||Fuziah Salleh||PR (PKR)|
|P084||Paya Besar||Abdul Manan Ismail||BN (UMNO)|
|P085||Pekan||Najib Tun Razak||BN (UMNO)|
|P086||Maran||Ismail Muttalib||BN (UMNO)|
|P087||Kuala Krau||Ismail Mohamed Said||BN (UMNO)|
|P088||Temerloh||Saifuddin Abdullah||BN (UMNO)|
|P089||Bentong||Liow Tiong Lai||BN (MCA)|
|P090||Bera||Ismail Sabri Yaakob||BN (UMNO)|
|P091||Rompin||Jamaluddin Jarjis||BN (UMNO)|
Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur
|DAP 5 | PKR 3 | BN 1 | IND 1 | VAC 1|
|P114||Kepong||Tan Seng Giaw||PR (DAP)|
|P115||Batu||Chua Tian Chang||PR (PKR)|
|P116||Wangsa Maju||Wee Choo Keong||IND|
|P117||Segambut||Lim Lip Eng||PR (DAP)|
|P118||Setiawangsa||Zulhasnan Rafique||BN (UMNO)|
|P119||Titiwangsa||Vacant since 17 July 2011||VAC|
|Lo' Lo' Mohd Ghazali until 17 July 2011||PR (PAS)|
|P120||Bukit Bintang||Fong Kui Lun||PR (DAP)|
|P121||Lembah Pantai||Nurul Izzah Anwar||PR (PKR)|
|P122||Seputeh||Teresa Kok Suh Sim||PR (DAP)|
|P123||Cheras||Tan Kok Wai||PR (DAP)|
|P124||Bandar Tun Razak||Abdul Khalid Ibrahim||PR (PKR)|
Federal Territory of Putrajaya
|P125||Putrajaya||Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor||BN (UMNO)|
|BN 5 | DAP 2 | PKR 1|
|P126||Jelebu||Rais Yatim||BN (UMNO)|
|P127||Jempol||Lilah Yasin||BN (UMNO)|
|P128||Seremban||John Fernandez||PR (DAP)|
|P129||Kuala Pilah||Hasan Malek||BN (UMNO)|
|P130||Rasah||Loke Siew Fook||PR (DAP)|
|P131||Rembau||Khairy Jamaluddin||BN (UMNO)|
|P132||Telok Kemang||Kamarul Bahrin Abbas||PR (PKR)|
|P133||Tampin||Shaziman Abu Mansor||BN (UMNO)|
|BN 5 | DAP 1|
|P134||Masjid Tanah||Abu Seman Yusop||BN (UMNO)|
|P135||Alor Gajah||Fong Chan Onn||BN (MCA)|
|P136||Tangga Batu||Idris Haron||BN (UMNO)|
|P137||Bukit Katil||Md Sirat Abu||BN (UMNO)|
|P138||Kota Melaka||Sim Tong Him||PR (DAP)|
|P139||Jasin||Ahmad Hamzah||BN (UMNO)|
Federal Territory of Labuan
|P166||Labuan||Yussof Mahal||BN (UMNO)|
- Gobalakrishnan was elected to Parliament as a member of Parti Keadilan Rakyat but in January 2011, he left the party to sit as an independent.
- Zulkifli was elected to Parliament as a member of Parti Keadilan Rakyat but was dismissed by the party on 5 March 2010. He now sits as an independent.
- Ibrahim was elected to Parliament on the ticket of the PAS but left the party to sit as an independent.
- See 2009 Kuala Terengganu by-election.
- See 2008 Permatang Pauh by-election.
- Tan was elected to Parliament as a member of Keadilan but quit the party on 1 March 2010 to sit as an independent.
- Zahrain was elected to Parliament as a member of Keadilan but quit the party on 12 February 2010 to sit as an independent.
- Mohsin was elected to Parliament as a member of Keadilan but quit the party on 1 March 2010 to sit as an independent.
- see 2009 Bukit Gantang by-election.
- Jeyakumar is a member of the Socialist Party of Malaysia (PSM) but was elected to Parliament on the ticket of the People's Justice Party in the Pakatan Rakyat opposition coalition.
- see 2010 Hulu Selangor by-election.
- Wee was elected as a member of PKR but in May 2010 left the party to sit as an independent.
- The seat remained vacant after her death.
- Bumburing was elected as a Barisan Nasional MP but in July 2012 joined the Pakatan Rakyat opposition as an independent.
- Majimbun was elected to Parliament on the ticket of the Barisan National, but SAPP officially withdrew from BN in September 2008 to become independent.
- Lajim was elected as a Barisan Nasional MP but in July 2012 joined the Pakatan Rakyat opposition.
- Tsen was elected to Parliament in the 2010 Batu Sapi by-election after the death of her husband.
- Chua was elected to Parliament on the ticket of the Barisan National, but SAPP officially withdrew from BN in September 2008 to become independent.
- see 2010 Sibu by-election
- "Proclamation - Dissolution of Parliament [P.U. (A) 129/2013]" (PDF). Attorney General's Chamber of Malaysia. 3 April 2013.
- "Representatives Archive List of Members PARLIMEN 12". Parliament of Malaysia. Retrieved 2018-08-04.