Melody Belle (horse)
|Foaled||26 September 2014|
|Owner||Fortuna Melody Belle Syndicate|
|Manawatu Sires Produce Stakes (2017)|
Tarzino Trophy (2018, 2019)
Windsor Park Plate (2018, 2019)
BCD Group Sprint (2019)
Haunui Farm Classic (2019)
Bonecrusher New Zealand Stakes (2019)
Livamol Spring Classic (2019)
Empire Rose Stakes (2019)
|New Zealand Champion Racehorse of the Year (2019)|
Melody Belle was purchased for NZ$ 57,500 at the 2016 New Zealand Premier Yearling sales.
In 2019, Melody Belle became the first horse to win New Zealand’s Triple Crown, known as the Hastings Triple Crown as all three races are run there, when she won three group 1 races in five weeks - the Tarzino Trophy (1400m), Windsor Park Plate (1600m), and the Livamol Spring Classic. This victory was her ninth Group 1, a New Zealand record, surpassing that of Mufhasa who had achieved 8 Group 1’s. Before that, she also won the group one Empire Rose Stakes in Australia.
- "Horse Performance Profile". loveracing.nz. Retrieved 6 October 2019.
- "Melody Belle dominates horse of the year voting". horsebetting.com.au. Retrieved 6 October 2019.
- "Melody Belle Breednet". breednet.com. Retrieved 5 October 2019.
- Australian Associated Press (5 October 2019). "Melody Belle completes unique NZ treble". Yahoo7. Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- "Racing: TAB pays out on Melody Belle". NZ Herald. 3 October 2019. Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- "Melody Belle Makes History". nzherald.co.nz. Retrieved 6 October 2019.