Meet Simon Cherry
|Meet Simon Cherry|
Opening title card
|Directed by||Godfrey Grayson|
|Produced by||Anthony Hinds|
|Written by||Godfrey Grayson |
Gale Pedrick (radio series)
A. R. Rawlinson
|Music by||Rupert Grayson |
|Edited by||Ray Pitt|
|Distributed by||Exclusive Films (UK)|
When the Rev. Simon Cherry (Hugh Moxey) sets off for a much needed holiday, his car breaks down and he is forced to stay overnight in a manor house belonging to Lady Harling (Courtney Hope). The following morning, the body of Lady Harling's invalid daughter (Jeanette Tregarthen) is discovered, apparently murdered, and the Rev. Simon Cherry must bring his crime solving skills to the case.
- Hugh Moxey as Simon Cherry 'The Rev'
- Jeannette Tregarthen as Monica Harling
- Anthony Forwood as Alan Colville
- Ernest Butcher as Young
- Zena Marshall as Lisa Colville
- John Bailey as Henry Dantry
- Courtney Hope as Lady Harling
- Gerald Case as Dr. Smails
- Arthur Lovegrove as Charlie Banks
- John Arnatt as Tommy
The Radio Times gave the film one out of five stars, regretting its "feeble story"; Sky Movies gave the film two out of five stars, noting a "a brisk, no-nonsense film version of one of Gale Pedrick's popular stories"; and TV Guide rated it similarly, calling it, "competent enough."
- Chibnall, Steve & McFarlane, Brian. The British 'B' Film. Palgrave MacMillan, 2009.