Meet Sexton Blake
Meet Sexton Blake is a 1945 British supporting feature drama film directed by John Harlow, and starring David Farrar, Manning Whiley, Dennis Arundell, and John Varley. It was one of two films in which David Farrar played Sexton Blake, the other being The Echo Murders (1945), both directed by John Harlow. Important documents are stolen from a dead man during an air raid, and the War Office call in Sexton Blake to investigate.
|Meet Sexton Blake|
Opening title card
|Directed by||John Harlow|
|Produced by||Louis H. Jackson|
|Screenplay by||John Harlow|
|Music by||Percival Mackey|
|Edited by||Vi Burdon|
Strand Film Company (for)
British National Films
|Distributed by||Anglo-American Film Corporation (UK)|
- David Farrar as Sexton Blake
- Manning Whiley as Raoul Sudd
- Dennis Arundell as Johann Sudd
- John Varley as Tinker
- Betty Huntley-Wright as Nobby
- Gordon McLeod as Inspector Venner
- Kathleen Harrison as Mrs Bardell
- Cyril Smith as Belford
- Magda Kun as Yvonne
- Ferdy Mayne as Slant-Eyes
- Charles Farrell as Skipper
- Roddy Hughes as Ferraby
- Philip Godfrey as James Baird
- Tony Arpino as Torch
- Charles Rolfe as Mario Carloni
- Elsie Wagstaff as Mrs Baird
TV Guide called the film "entertaining in an unintended way", rating it two out of five stars.
- "MEET SEXTON BLAKE - British Board of Film Classification". www.bbfc.co.uk.
- "Meet Sexton Blake (1945)".
- Chibnall, Stephen; McFarlane, Brian (23 October 2009). "The British 'B' Film". Palgrave Macmillan – via Google Books.
- "Meet Sexton Blake (1944) - John Harlow - Cast and Crew - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "OBITUARIES: David Farrar". 29 September 1995.
- Williams, Richard. "Meet Sexton Blake (1945 film)". Silver Sirens.
- "Meet Sexton Blake". TVGuide.com.