MedicineNet is a medical website that provides detailed information about diseases, conditions, medications and general health. MedicineNet.com launched in 1995. William Shiel co-founded MedicineNet and continues today as the Chief Medical Editor. Melissa Stöppler also serves on the MedicineNet Editorial Board and she and Shiel were co editors-in-chief of Webster's New World Medical Dictionary, Year 2008, Third Edition.
|Owner||WebMD Since 2004|
MedicineNet is an owned and operated site in the WebMD Consumer Network and was acquired by WebMD in December 2004. MedicineNet is a network of U.S. Board-Certified Physicians and Allied Health Professionals working together to provide the public with current, comprehensive medical information, written in easy to understand language.
- "www.medicinenet.com". Website Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "MedicineNet (TM) Home Page -- A FREE Medical Reference". Archived from the original on 1996-10-17. Retrieved 2018-01-04.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- "Find a Doctor: William C. Shiel, MD". St. Joseph Health. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD". WebMD. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- William C. Shiel, Jr., MD, FACP, FACR, and Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD., eds. (2009). Webster's New World Medical Dictionary. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 9780470373439.CS1 maint: uses editors parameter (link)
- "WebMD Corporate Site Consumer Network". WebMD. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "E-Health Market Overview and Internet Health Acquisitions". Right Diagnosis. 2015-08-12. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "Certificate of compliance MedicineNet is in compliance with the HONcode". HONcode. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "Top 15 Most Popular Health Websites July 2017". eBizMBA Inc. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- MedicineNet (MedicineNet website)